Chapter 4

"Patrick. I'll tell you when we get to the hotel, okay?" he says. He hugs me and we go to get the stuff packed up. I do all I can to not cry.

As we get the last of the equipment packed up, I sit in the car and get ready to go. Of course, I'm going to drive. I'm so worried about Pete.

Halfway through the drive, I almost lose focus on the road. God, I'm so worried about him. I pull over and ask Joe or Andy to drive. Joe volunteers, so I sit in the back.

I sit next to Pete, since he is in the back too. I hug him and then try to sleep. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is Pete waking up long enough to say, "I love you, Patty Cakes."

~AT HOME~

I walk into the hotel room, helping Pete inside because he can't walk very well. When we enter our bedroom, I sit Pete down on the bed and then sit on the opposite side of the bed. I look at him and ask, "Pete, will you please tell me what's wrong now?"

He looks over at me, sweating already. How is he sweating? Its not hot in here...

"Patrick, you know I love you very much, right?" he says.

"Of course, Pete. Now what's wrong?" I look at him, concerned.

"Well... I have something wrong with me. I don't know what it is." he tells me.

"I should take you to the doctor tomorrow. Is that okay with you Petey?" I ask him.

"Of course Patty. Can we sleep now?" he asks, his eyes wide as if he isnt going to bed tonight.

"Yes, Pete. Sleep all you want. I'll take you to the doctor early tomorrow since we have nothing else tomorrow." I tell him.

"Okay Trick." he says. "I love you. Goodnight," he tells me as he pulls me in and kisses me, then holds me tight against him. I fall asleep in his arms.