Chapter Three: Raven Haired

Castaway- 5SOS

The blue eyed girl was still in the same position, as always. In fact, she's been like that for 5 months. So, nothing out of the ordinary.

It's been 4 days since the news they got from Kaye and Zachary. Calum was still struggling to accept the news but Alison was a bit more accepting to it by now.

To be honest, Alison wanted to laugh at Calum because he's overreacting when she's the one who's going to die. Well thinking about it, maybe it's not the best time to laugh.

Knocks interrupted her thoughts. "Come in." Alison said and waited for the door to open and reveal the guest.

What she didn't expect was Mrs. Amanda Howard. Alison's mum. But, Calum was behind her, frowning; unlike the Calum she knew.

"What's going on? You look like someone's gonna die. Hi, mum." The raven haired girl stated.

"I'm gonna drop the bomb." Amanda said and Alison nodded, used to her mum's 'dropping the bomb' act.

"C-Calum's your brother." Those words left her mouth and Alison stared in shock. She looked at Calum, who was looking everywhere but Alison.

Her best friend, her sibling?

"How exactly?" Alison's sputtered out.

"He's your brother from another man." Amanda said and fiddled with her petite fingers nervously.

"Obviously, Calum's was first born before me. But, where's his dad?" Alison asked, not bothering to fix the flow of her words. Yes, Calum was there but still, she's curious.

"It was just a one night stand, Alison." The equally black haired woman said.

"How was Calum near us then?" The questions stung but, it still needed to be answered.

"I made Zella, your aunt, adopt Calum so he was near to us. Basically, you only knew him as a childhood best friend. I didn't want to abandon Calum."

Alison froze. 19 years, it was kept that her best friend was his brother. 19 years, she didn't acknowledge her brother. 19 years, thinking she was alone for some reasons.

Alison looked at Calum and examined her brother's appearance. The only difference between them is the eye color and skin tone.

"You knew, didn't you? That's why you were so hurt by me vanishing." The blue eyed girl concluded and finally, Calum met her gaze and he nodded.

"Why didn't you guys tell me sooner?! Why did you have to wait for years to tell me and when I'm basically going to die in a month or two?! I could've showered Calum with brotherly love that I can give him for 19 years! We could've done everything back then! Why? Why did you decided until now?" Alison screamed at the two.

"A, it's fi--" Calum was about to finish the sentence when Alison cut him off.

"Don't you fucking dare say it's fine! Calum, you're my brother and you didn't tell me?! It's not fine." She was furious.

"I--" Calum started but then was cut off harshly again.

"Get out! Get out, the both of you! I can't believe this. You kept this from me. I need time. Please." Alison breathed out. Amanda and Calum looked at each other then went out.

Everything was too much.

~~~~~~~

"It hurts, mum. Alison hates me now." Calum sobbed in his mother's hug. The woman looked down at her son and felt guilty.

"She'll accept it, eventually." Amanda convinced her son but it's likely more she's convincing herself.

"I don't get it. Why is she mad at me? She already showered me with brotherly love. Isn't that enough?" The tanned boy asked, confused by her sister's statements back there.

"Calum, Alison can give you more love than what she already gave to you. What you encountered back then was just three-fourth of her definition of love. She can make you feel welcome in an instant." The blue eyed woman said and Calum regretted asking.

He could've received that love.

"Does she hate me?" Calum asked with wide brown eyes. He was replicating a child that got hit by his parents.

"No, Calum. She doesn't hate you. She needs time. Y'know, if I was in her shoes, I'd probably act worse. She just needs time to take this information in. She'll cool off. I know your sister very well; she's a kind hearted an accepting person." Mrs. Howard had tears streaming down her face when she was saying that. All of it was true but as Alison said, in a month or two, she'll be gone.

Gone-forever.

Calum sighed and rested his head on his mum's shoulder. He was taller than her, yes, but he needs comfort. Plus, why would he be embarrassed? It's not like it's another girl! It's his mum.

"I hope she forgives me." The brown eyed boy muttered under his breath and sighed loudly for the hundred time.

• • • • • • • • • •

[a/n: i had this planned. why did i do this, you ask? because, the description said Alison obviously needed a friend and i just stated the Calum was her best friend. this was made to get the confusions away. yes, i know that Calum was once again a brother of the main character in a Michael Clifford FanFic. i only realized 'till now. i'm completely aware the start of the chapters are depressing but it'll be gone for a matter of time (i think). i know this is cliché. the songs i suggest may or may not have connection to the chapters.

xxxxx]

P.S. i know that Alison needs to lose her hair but i really don't want to. bear with me, please? though, she'll have hair fall and shit but not completely bald. comment if i really need to add the balding part.