First Signs Aboard The Hogwarts Express (chapter 3)

Draco roamed the Hogwarts Express looking for Blaise for he was his only friend that decided to return to Hogwarts for their last, optional year. He passed many compartments but none of them were anywhere to be seen. Even now, with his new found Veela sight. Sight was the only thing useful to him at the moment and it was failing him miserably. As soon as Draco had stepped onto Platform 9 3/4 he completely ignored all sounds that filled his ears. All he could hear was unintelligent, annoying and useless babble and gossip from the different years. His smell was also completely useless to him as it, according to a very helpful book his mother gave him about Veela's, was mostly used to smell out his mate. Of course, it was still heightened so he could smell everything at least 20x better than he previously could and that both came as a curse and a dream. He soon found out the hard way that not everyone smelled as pleasant as he had earlier thought, but, then again, the book clearly stated that there would only be one person who wouldn't smell as horrible as everyone else did-even on a hot, sweaty day.

He didn't actually know whether he was just being abnormally optimistic or his instincts were influencing this upon himself, but he could almost just feel that his mate was on this train somewhere. Unintentionally hiding from him. From his Veela. From their potentially unjust destiny together-if she chooses him that is.

He could tell that his parents weren't too happy about what he found out from the Seer when he told them. After a long mental debate in his head about whether he should just keep it a secret from them or just go out right and say it, he decided to make sure that the less that they knew the better it would be. But, that was not to last as his mother brought the matter up first thing at dinner that night. He thought about lying, but he knew better than think that he could get away with such a thing with his parents. Draco practically blurted all the facts out in one big breath, staring pointedly at the wall behind his mother so that he couldn't see their ashamed faces. Once his confession was over his Father sat there for a couple of minutes in silence trying to form a response but once he was unable to come up with any sort of answer, he quickly left the room. His Mother, on the other hand, sat there watching him for a reaction of some sort. When Draco didn't have one after his Father left, she forced a smile onto her face and tried to look at least mildly happy for him but when that didn't work, she started to gush about how it was 'oh so romantic' because it's some sort of forbidden love and that it wasn't his fault that whoever it was had been chosen but it doesn't matter because they'll try their best to accept her. On top of all those well worded lies, she also said not to worry about Lucius because he was just shocked but will come around to the fact soon-Draco believed that no more than he believed that Hippogriffs were harmless.

I was just reaching the end of the 3rd carriage when suddenly my lungs felt like they were constricting and I couldn't take in as much air as I needed to stay conscious. My breaths were getting shorter and shallower until I was sure that I wasn't actually taking in any oxygen. The top of my head felt like it was on fire and it was as if it was turning my brain to ash as I soon found it more and more difficult to form coherent thoughts. It started to feel as if drums were beating loudly in my ears and multicoloured spots were starting to cloud my vision until all I could see were colours. My sight was just about to go black when all of a sudden;

"Draco!" Blaise called, snapping his fingers and waving his hand in front of my face while holding me up with his tight grip. His sudden appearance made me take a sudden intake of air out of shock which seemed to snap me out of whatever condition I was in. I closed my eyes, shook my head and let out a shuddering breath before I looked back up to Blaise. "Draco, mate, are you OK?" He asked as I seemed to go back to normal in an unnaturally quick amount of time. One minute I was on the verge of blacking out, the next second I was prepared to continue doing whatever I needed to.

"Yeah, yeah...I'm-I'm fine." I breathed probably looking very confused. Blaise observed me for a second before turning his searching gaze to look around the corridor that we were in. I looked around too, trying to see what he was trying to find but nothing was out of the ordinary. There was hardly anyone out of their compartments. He nodded absent-mindedly and gently pulled me by the arm towards his empty carriage.