Weaslette?! (chapter 4)

"Hey Blaise, I'm going to go get changed into my robes." I said to him as I stood up and pulled my trunk off of the shelf to get my robes out.

"Oh, OK, I'll get into mine too then." Blaise said, and by the way he sounded I knew that he wasn't actually planning to change so soon.

"It's because I'm going isn't it? You think that I can't handle myself after what happened, right?" I asked, accusation laced into my voice. I already knew the answer but I wanted to see if he'd confess. When he didn't, instead looking guiltily away from my stare, I rounded on him, angry. "I don't need a babysitter Blaise-I can handle my bloody self!" I growled and stormed out of the compartment, slamming the door shut behind me. I stomped towards the bathrooms, pushing away anyone that was too slow to move with my new Veela strength. By the time I reached my destination I was dizzy again, but not because of her scent-because as a precaution from my Veela doing anything rash, should I smell her again, I held my breath the entire way over here. Inhaling the air for the first time since I left the compartment, it took only a second to stop being dizzy. I smiled to myself; I could easily get back without anything bad happening. I do that and I'll be able to prove to Blaise that I don't need him watching me. It was my Veela anyway-not his-I needed to know for myself what might happen if I wasn't careful. Not that I was anyway-I wasn't taking any chances.

The scent must've only been in the carriage my compartment was in-the 3rd one-because I couldn't even smell anything and I was only in the next one. I just had to hold my breath once I was about to go into the 3rd carriage. Simple. I got changed into my robes and then splashed some water on my face to calm down some slight nerves, then left the bathrooms. I was walking back towards my carriage taking in big breaths, savouring them until I had to hold it, when I passed some laughing second years. Their laughs were irritating and were grating on my nerves but as I was about to lash out at them, I was overwhelmed with a sweet, sweet smell. Sugar, cinnamon and the scent of flowers after the Spring morning's dew filled my nostrils and immediately I was calmed but at the same time was feeling energetic-it was like some sort of drug. Naturally, the most trusted side of me, the one that I knew like the back of my hand-my Wizard part-was scared out of his wits and was trying so hard not to be brushed to the back of my mind, like what was currently happening, and stay in control. But, my Veela wasn't going to let that happen even for a moment. It took over as the main part of my mind and my stomach seemed to flutter in nervousness. I had stopped walking in my daze, lifting my head up to get a bearing from where the smell is coming from; I sniffed the air like some sort of dog. I was pretty sure there was a grin on my face from where my cheeks were hurting, but I continued to walk forward in a trance and stopped in the middle of the corridor when I felt that the smell couldn't get any stronger. My eyes fluttered closed and I took in the biggest breaths as if my life depended on it. At the back of my mind I was mildly aware of someone saying something, probably talking to me because I could only vaguely make out 'Malfoy' even though it was more of a mumble. I was shaken out of my dazed when I was very rudely shoved very violently into the compartment behind me. Snapping my eyes to the offending person, I saw it was none other than the Weaslette. I quickly reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back towards me so I could have some words with her, although I wasn't entirely so sure how that would work out because I wasn't in my Wizard frame of mind-but surely it couldn't make such a difference, could it? I was so dearly wrong.

"What was that Weasl-" I sneered, glaring at her, when suddenly the scent hit me full force again, this time stronger than ever before. I let out a cool breath against her shoulder as my eyes closed again and my smile appeared back on my face. It was a real battle now inside my head where the Wizard was so badly trying to gain control, having some sort of instinct that nothing was going to go well. This time, I was so dearly right.