Chapter six: Romulus and Ramos

I just stood in place frozen... hell what else could I do? I didn't know what to do! It's not every day you meet your mate right after head butting your niece is it? No I thought not!

"Mate." He muttered as he turned me around and I came face to face with my mate... awkward!

"Uh..." I stuttered but didn't get much out because he out right kissed me! Not what I was expecting.

Well I did something he wasn't expecting to him! I whacked him around the head.

Not that I wasn't enjoying his soft tender lips caressing mine and moving... never mind... you don't need to know about that.

"Alpha..." Jack said from behind me as Elijah turned his head back around slowly to look me in the eye. It was clearly terrifying to Jack and Joel because of how shaky Jacks voice was.

"Come with me." Elijah demanded as he pulled me through the door to the room I was in before I went out and head-butted my niece...

"What?" I asked as he shut the door.

"I am sorry for that I couldn't stop myself, or for marking you in the prison below." He sighed as he sat down on the bed.

"Don't worry about it," I sighed. "It's kind of obvious that since you were waiting for me for so long that you would have that kind of reaction." I sighed as I sat down on the bed next to him.

"Wait!" He said frowning as he turned to me. "How old are you?" He asked.

"Why do you ask?" I asked in return.

"Because I want to know that my mate isn't underage." He said.

"Really, that's what matters to you?" I asked. "Men." I sighed.

"That is not all that matters to me." He said as he turned to me with a small smile. "But I do not want you to be marked by another male so I want to mate you as soon as possible." He said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"That is probably the most possessive and the most romantic thing you could have said in a moment like this." I laughed.

"And you had to go ruin it by laughing?" He asked in mock annoyance.

"Well of course!" I said in a matter of fact tone. "It would be no fun if I just met my mate and pretended to be boring." I huffed. "What do you take me for? Normal?" I asked pretending to be outraged.

"Oh so you are old enough." He laughed.

"How do you know?" I asked in a cocky tone.

"Because when you get over a few hundred years old you get fed up of being normal around people you trust." He laughed.

"How do you know I trust you." I asked.

"Because you're in a room with me, all alone, laughing." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"I could just be really stupid." I pointed out.

"Just the fact that you said that tells me you're not." He sighed, "If you were stupid you would have raised an eyebrow and laughed."

"You seem to know a lot about stupid people." I pointed out.

"Yeah well the father of that girl out there is rather stupid." He laughed as he seemed to recall an old memory from his face.

I soon slapped the expression off of his face. "That's my brother thank you very much." I scowled.

"He..." he trailed off. "He said he had an older sister... your?" he asked.

"Yes." I confirmed.

"Ha." He let out quickly then refrained from laughing even more. "And your sister said her entire family had found their mates." He laughed. "Rather funny that my mate is the only member of her family who didn't know who their mate was." He sighed.