Chapter 5: Do I want to wake up?

When I woke up I wasn't really... awake. Well I was but my eyes were so heavy I couldn't be asked to open them.

I was still tired so I didn't open my eyes as I tried to win sleep over and fall back into it, though I had no such luck. Something in the room was keeping my consciousness awake and whatever it was, was affecting my wolf drastically. She kept begging me to open my eyes and look at whoever was in the room with me but I knew, with the light that I could see through my closed lids, that the bright light would be too bright for me to see him.

"Hey little mate." A gruff voice greeted me as I felt a warm thumb run across the skin on the top of my right hand. It made a burning heat surge its way through my body to the very depths of my soul. The sensation had my wolf scratching at the surface, begging to be released.

"I hope you wake up soon." He said as I felt my arm being tugged upwards to meet soft tender lips. "But I also want you to stay like this forever so I know that you'll never leave me." He said and a warm breath fanned across my hand as he sighed.

"We need to go, there is a pack meeting, remember?" a voice asked and my mate slowly placed my hand across my stomach.

"Don't tell me what to do brother." My mate demanded and he seemed rather old fashioned when he talked.

"Why must you think that because you are 800 years older that you must think that I am below you, not to be respected." My mate's brother laughed as though he didn't take it seriously.

"That is not true." My mate said as I felt a hand run down the side of my face. "I left before anyone could tell me her age. For all I know she could be just 19 but Beta James is younger than you and I respect him, I respect them both. You, you are just on a level that it's hard to respect."

"So you're saying that you don't respect me?" he asked obviously faking hurt.

"Yeah, pretty much." My mate sighed then they both had a little laugh.

After that they soon left the room and I could relax slightly knowing that I was alone and that I didn't have people watching over me as I slept.

I sighed as I opened my eyes to see a white sheet on the top of four wooden beams. It was a queen sized canopy bed and I seemed to be alone in the room.

I sighed as I stepped out of the warm sheets and onto the thick carpet underneath the bed that I had been sleeping on for, obviously, a while. I didn't know how long I had been out for because they had never mentioned the length of time that I had been out for but by how restless and tired they sounded I was guessing a while.

It seemed impossible to orientate the room as soon as I stood up because the carpet seemed to stay still beneath my feet as the walls, which were covered with expensive and famous paintings, span to the left. It felt as though I was drunk but I knew that I hadn't had anything that could make me so. Hell I wasn't even awake to be able to have any!

The nausea was relentless and in the end I laid back down to relieve myself of the feeling.

I knew that it was only temporary but I wanted to get up and not continuously lay down on the large bed that seemed to have stopped moving with the walls.

After a good few minutes the floor, walls and bed decided that staying still was the better option or at least going the same way was better.

I sighed as everything came into focus and realised that I would have to find the bathroom because the nausea was still present.

I sighed as I looked at the 4 doors. One was obviously the exit and one the bathroom. The other two were irrelevant to me. I just had to find the bathroom without going outside the door and alerting everyone else in the building that I was awake.