Chapter 4: out of the prison... kind of...

I groaned as I sat up... James had been coming every day to give me extra food and talk.

"Hey," James said as he sat on the end of my bed.

"Hi," I grumbled as I sat up and grabbed the plough man's lunch from him. No he did not steal the Plough Man's food but it was the type of meal... you know: salad, hunk of cheese, ham, a bread role, etc. etc.

"So..." he began and I could tell he was up to something, he seemed too nervous.

"Oh great, what is it?" I asked and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Well remember when you asked how you knew my face and I said that it was probably from my parents?" he asked and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah and..." I said prompting him.

"I invited them down here today." He breathed out and I couldn't help it I slapped him.

"I'm so sorry." I said slapping my hand over my mouth and he shrugged.

"No problem, I originally expected you to kill me!" he said and I laughed shaking my head.

"You know you always wear that necklace." I pointed out running my hand along the thick chain that was on show above his collar.

"Yeah, it was my sisters." He explained as I slowly began to remove the chain from under his shirt.

"Was?" I asked still slowly tugging. "What did she give it to you?" I asked and he sighed.

"Kind of... it's a very long and awkward story." He shrugged and I got to the point where the chain wouldn't come out any further because something got caught on the hem of his shirt.

"Seems a bit thick for a girl to have." I said and he shrugged.

"It was about 300 years ago but she still gave it to me, sorry it was over 300 years." He shrugged.

"Younger sister?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nope, older." He told me and I cocked my head to the side and I tried to get the locket or charm out to look at it.

"I thought you said all your siblings were younger." I said and he sighed.

"I said it was a long story. I had an older sister, she died the day she gave this to me." He said and I saw a tear form in the corner of his eye.

"What was she like?" I asked rubbing his back.

"She always wanted the position of best Zeta in the world, the position you own." He sighed. "She had told me the day I left that she was going to learn how to fly and I always remember the last words I ever said to her, even if I don't remember her much." He said with a small smile."Have a good day Robin and good luck-" he started but I cut him off.

"-Learning to fly." I finished for him and grinned as I leaned back against the wall.

"How did you know?" he asked me.

"That was the last thing my little brother said to me the day he disappeared 315 years ago." I explained to him and a grin grew across his face.

"You survived." He said as he pulled me into a hug but our family reunion was ruined by the elder link.

"Elder Robin, why aren't you at the meeting today?" the head Elder Caine asked me. He always had this thing for me and he once saved my life in exchange for a promise. If I don't find my mate before my 916th birthday I would have to mate with him since he lost his years ago. He never met her but he felt her die, I hadn't felt the feeling so I didn't know if mine was alive or if he died before I was born.