Chapter 1: Confusion

Wow already 22 reads! Thanks so much guys you're the best. I'd really appreciate comments to help this story get going so talk to me! Weleft off with Troy in quite a predicament. For future reference when Troy remembers something the memory will be in BOLD lettering. Well i hope you guys enjoy the latest instalment to The Darkness Beyond.

I felt the creature lunge at me groping out its claws, or whatever it had on its hands, or paws, or you know what I mean. I dove to the side despite the immense pain in my head. I heard the crature hit the wall right where my head had been seconds before. I scrambled backwards on my hands moving as fast I could to get away from whatever this thing was. I suddenly saw two beady eyes glinting out of the darkness at me. This time there was no escaping. I sat there and waited to feel claws slash through my skin or teeth sink into my neck. But it never came instead a little ball of fur hit my chest and landed in my lap. I looked down and now that my eyes were adjusted to the darkness I could just make out what the creature was. It was a squirrel. I laughed. What else was I supposed to do? After all that tension and it's just a squirrel. After I had finally regained control of myself and my situatuion I stopped laughing.

"Crap.", I muttered to myself.

I started to take in my surroundings again to try and figure out where I may be. It was a good thing my dad was in the marines so I knew a bit about survival/escaping teqniques. I felt my way back towards the wood. I felt I could muster enough strength to try and push through it. It felt flimsy enough. I moved forward and slammed my back into the wood. I felt it cave a little but it did nto give way. My head was spinning but I knew I needed to get out of this room. I slammed my back into the wood again and I heard a crack. One more hit I thought to myself as I prepared for one final blow. I threw my back as hard as I could into the wood and fell through on the the other side. The light of the room made me shield my eyes. As I adjusted to the light I saw I was at the end of a long brightly lit hallway. There were many doors along either side of the white washed walls, but at the very end was a pair of double doors with the word I was looking for above the doorway. EXIT. I started to run but realized that would not be a good idea in my condition so I slowed to brisk walk.

I was almost to the door when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. One of the doors was slightly open. I paused and put my hand on the door handle. The door creaked as I opened it cautiously and peered in. It appeared empty. I began to close the door when I heard voices coming from the other end of the hallway. I dove into the room and shut the door as a door further down the hallway opened. I heard two men.

"All I'm saying is this better pay off big time.", this guy had a low gravely voice. I'll just call him Mac for him now.

"Don't worry there's been too much work for this not to work out.", said the guy with a slightly higher smooth voice. I'll call him Shawn.

"Well we better feed the kid before he- HEY WHERE IS HE?!?!?!", I heard Mac shout, "I THOUGHT YOU HAD HIM LOCKED UP AND HE COULD'NT GET OUT!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!! THIS COULD BE OVER BEFORE IT EVEN STARTS WITHOUT HIM!!!!!"

"I-I-I swear there is no way h-he could-could've gotten o-out!", I heard Shawn stutter.

"WELL YOU BETTER FIND HIM!", Mac shouted.

"Ye-yes sir!", Shawn responded weakly.

I heard Mac shove Shawn down the hallway as they began to search rooms. I turned to see if there was anywhere I could hide and my knees almost gave out at what I saw. There were crates everywhere. And not just any crates. They were weapon crates. I'd heard about a bunch of military cargo going missing. It looks like I'd just found it all. I heard the sound of doors opening gettin closer to me. I dove behind a cargo crate and grabed a pistol, though I had no idea what I'd do with it when the time came. I've never fired a gun in my life. The room flooded with light as the door opened. I held my breath as I heard shuffling feet enter the room and what sounded like Shawn muttering to himself. I saw his flashlight beam sweeping the crates looking for any sign of me. He was only steps away from me. I stood up and took a deep breath. As he was about to come around the corner I stepped out in front of him,"Surprise!!", I shouted and hit him over the head with the butt of the pistol. Shawns body crumpled to the ground like a rag doll.

I ran out of the room and burst through the double doors. I paused when I saw stairs leading up to an access hatch. I heard hevy footsteps coming up the hallway. That must be Mac I thought. I ran up the stairs ignoring my throbbing head. About halfway up I heard the doors beneath me burst open and Mac yell, "Ain't nowhere you can go Troy!". I reached the access hatch and burst out of it. I froze right where I came up. Confusion overwhelming me. What I saw didnt make sense. How could I be here? All around me were the sights and sounds of a teeming city. I was in Moscow, Russia.

:O so the plot thickens! I hope you guys enjoyed this instalment of The Darkness Beyond. If you have any ideas on how I should continue I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much for the support and tell all your friends about me that would  be awesome! The next chapter wont be up until Sunday night or Monday. I'm moving my brother out of town and I wont have time to write. I love all you guys and keep reading. It can only get better right? ;)