28. Indian Party

Rajeev had arranged for a party at his place. He had invited the complete new Orleans gang.

Klaus and Elijah picked me and Gia. Marcel was to pick up Davina and the Mikaelsons girls including Hope.

I had worn a magenta coloured saree with a golden border.

"You look beautiful love". Klaus smiled as I got into the car. Thank you Nik.

Elijah looked at me with content. I could see him staring at me but I turned away.

We reached Rajeev's house."So this is your future house Gia said, I am impressed di".

"Shut up Gia". I replied and slapped her hand.

I went inside, the vampires had to be invited in. Rajeev didn't knew anything about the supernatural world.

The house was decorated with lights and flowers. The red coloured drapes completed the festive look.

The party had the whole Rajeev gang and they teased Rajeev as soon as I entered."So is this how she looked the first time you saw her Rajeev"? Charlie chuckled. Sam slapped his shoulder when I gave him a death glare.

He had invited the families of all his friends. Rajeev was a favourite with all the friends family.

"I want you to meet some one, Rajeev". I said as he stood speaking to one of the guests.

I had Hope in my arms."This is Hope Mikaelson. Klaus's daughter. My favourite Mikaelson". Hope held onto me and tugged my saree. She is a doll, Rajeev said, then Rajeev played with Hope and was trying to make her laugh.

One of the friends mother came over and kissed Rajeevs forehead. You both look beautiful together. She circled her hands around both our faces. "May God protect you from any evil forces" she said like a typical Indian mother.

Rajeev blushed and I was embarrassed at this.

"Does the whole world know about you pursuing me Rajeev"? I shrinked my eyes.

"Actually its my friends they have told their parents the day we spoke the first time". He answered.

I could see Elijah looking at us from a distance with frustration.

Elijah's POV.

She looked mesmerizing in the saree.
No wonder he fell for her.

I saw Hope in her arms and they playing with her. The future that I dreamt of, but will never have. It now belongs to Rajeev. Some lady came and complimented them.

I was filled with rage and Jealousy and crushed the glass I was holding.

"Are you fine"? Gia asked.

"Yeah" I replied.

They started dancing after sometime. Rajeev didn't leave her side even for a minute. 

After a while we all joined the dance. Gia was dancing with me we were changing partners. At one point Keya was my partner. I grabbed her and we  danced slowly. Our eyes met and we danced for god know how long lost in each other, after a while the song ended, everybody clapped and we broke out of the trance. Keya  hurriedly walked away from me.

Everybody got off the stage, it was only Rajeev who waited and he sang a hindi song for Keya. He grabbed her for a dance and in the end fell on both his knees with both his arms spread across at Keyas feet.

My heart skipped a beat.

Is he proposing?? I asked Gia.

"No not at all. He's just playing around". She answered.

All the guests broke into a applause, the friends wolf whistled at the end of the song. While Keya was embarrassed and Rajeev smiled.

"What was that about" I asked Gia.

"Its a famous Bollywood song where the guys is telling the girl that he loves her, and that she should love him back".

I felt I should go and break his neck first. It was obvious that she does not love him. She is doing all this only for Gia. Hoping that I will fall in love with Gia.

Keya you are just complicating things I said to myself.

Gias POV

We reached home by midnight I stayed at Keyas apartment.

Elijah has been avoiding me for days now. There was something bothering him.

When the dance started I could see Elijah and Keya dancing. The way they looked at each other,  Elijah looked at Keya. It was something different.

He was disturbed when he thought Rajeev proposed.

I heard him whisper Keya you are complicating things.

Thats when something came in my mind.

Why was Keya staying in New Orleans even after my death was confirmed?

Nowadays I don't see them talking to each other? Whereas they were really close to each other when I wasnt here.

All the scenes played before me.

Is it possible? Is Keya the woman Elijah loves.

But then I thought impossible. I would have known. Keya is planning to marry Rajeev.

Next Morning***

Elijah had come in the morning to pick me, since I needed some help to train new vampires.

While I made some coffee for the three of us, Keya went to take a shower. I made a Skype call to Kavya.

"Hey Gia,how are you kiddo".

"M fine. How are the wedding preparations going on".

"Well I am almost done. Sonia is here,  chewing my brains". Kavya laughed.

"Isn't that Elijah sitting there"? Sonia asked. "Hey Elijah".

"Hello Sonia". Elijah answered.

"How do you two know each other".

"Keya di introduced him to all of us. These guys make a really hot couple the first non Hindu couple in the family". Sonia blurted.

But the moment the words were out of her mouth she regretted it. Oopsss.

Keya had walked out of the washroom and she heard what Sonia said and froze.

Elijah didn't utter a word.

"Sonia you stupid" Kavya yelled.

"What????? what do you mean by they make a Hot couple, Keya introduced you. What is all this".