15. My Family

Keya's POV

Me and Elijah have now been together for almost 3 months the break up drama happened almost a month ago. But all was well after that. I was now like a part of the Mikaelson family.

Klaus tried his best but I was not ready to forgive him yet.

But that didnt affect my feelings towards the baby. Although Gia was killed to save Hope, I adored that child a lot. She was also now getting used to me. Whenever Hayley was out in the Bayou, Hope would be with me as I worked from my home and really good at multitasking. I was the babysitter.

Hayley and Klaus did try a few babysitters but then Hope didn't like anybody other than the family, and me around her.

One evening I was singing a lullaby in Hindi. Hope was smiling and soon drifted off to sleep. I didn't realise Elijah was standing at the door and listening to us. I lay Hope in her crib gently and walked to him.

"You have a very sweet voice Keya I never heard you sing before."

"There are many things you don't know about me. Our family was always interested in arts. Gia was a musical prodigy as you know, I love singing and trained in Kathak. My family in India all my cousins are singers, dancers, painters etc."

Just then, I realized I have not contacted them in ages they are gonna kill me. And Kavyas wedding it just slipped out of my mind.

Keyaaaaa!!!!! Kavya screamed when I went online on Skype oh god you are alive I thought otherwise she said.

It was her engagement the next day so the whole family was gathered in our ancestral home. My parents have already settled in India after Gia's dad passed away. I spoke to each and every one. Elijah walked into my room and I signalled him to stay quiet. He slid back in a nearby couch and was listening to the complete conversation. He looked amused by the excitement on the other end of the line and gave me a flashing smile.

All my Aunts were like "you have lost weight dont they feed in the US". My cousins yelled in the background "don't listen to this oldies get a nice bikini body." After almost half an hour of the chaos. I finally got Kavya. "Hey Kavya have all the elders gone."

"Yupp" she said.

"How is everybody doing." I asked.

"They are sad. First their brother, his wife and now their daughter."

"I can't believe Gia won't be at my wedding." A tear dropped on both side's of the screen. "You better be here for all the ceremonies well in advance without you no fun. You are our only leverage to go out and party."

"Hahaha" I laughed.

"OK. I have a flashing news for you." My other cousin Sonia said.

What???

"Well you better be ready when you come for Kavya di's wedding. Aunty and Uncle are already hunting groom's for you. You are next." She smiled.

What??? I yelled you are kidding.

I looked over and can see Elijah tense up after hearing this.

"Ummm no duhh" she said, "I am serious. In fact a guy has already been singled out hes settled in the US and he likes you."

"Remember, we had been to a wedding last year in the nearby temple. You looked dynamite in that Red Saree. Well this guy and his family noticed you he kind of fell for you and they came with the proposal last week. When they coincidentally met our family again in the temple last week. They inquired about the girl in red, is she still single blah blah blah."

"Right now your parents and my dad are at the astrologers matching your n the guys horoscopes."

"What and when are Amma and pa gonna tell me that?" I yelled.

"Sshhh. Calm down dear you didn't hear this from me. This is a top secret project only the elders know. I happened to overhear them one day and now all the cousins know so I thought its better I inform you too."

"One more thing" Kavya added "that guy is loaded. This is a tough bullet to dodge". She laughed loudly. "Finally I take you down with me."

"Listen Kavya I need to speak to all the cousin together fix a time and call me."

"Alright..right now the guys have gone shopping its only me, Sonia and Shilpa, and Amit. I will fix up a time."

"Love you now stay in touch" Kavya yelled. The other cousins were laughing behind at me after the news broke.

I switched of my laptop. Elijah vamp sped to me and pulled me in an embrace." You are not going to India for Kavyas wedding" he said. I laughed "don't worry I will sort it out.'

Clearly Sonia's news has hurt him.

"I need to speak to the gang together and introduce you to them first."