Chapter 6

Crushed papers, pens .. whatever they could get a hold of, all thrown at me whenever the teacher turns her back. It felt horrible. I was a victim of this class' bullies. All because I got involved with Zelo. Choi Junhong. The baby of his mates but the ullzang of the this school. 

"Ailee, may I have a moment with you?" Ms Jung, our homeroom teacher, requested.

The whole room remained silent while I stood up and followed the teacher to her desk.

"Have you ever thought about changing school? What made you want to come to Korea and study anyway?" she prompted.

"I guess, I like it here. Ms Jung, are you suggesting that I leave?" I was baffled by the suggestion.

"No, I want you to stay. I was just worried that you might not survive in this school. Listen, if it gets hard, find me okay?"

"I will. Thanks Ms Jung. I'm depending on your help then.."

I bowed and left. Leaving this school? It never crossed by mind. 

Walking down the hallway, I noticed a striking paper hung on the message board. 

"Stage open for students who wants to show off their talent during break time and after school hours! Instruments provided."

Hmm, maybe I'll have a look at that. I like acoustic performances, hope I get to see some really talented students singing. Speaking of, I haven't touched my guitar in a while.. 

*Break time*

Okay. Time to meet Mr PMS. Inhale.. exhale. Let's do this!

I prepped myself before going up the stairs to the rooftop. There he was. Perfect. Wind gushing through his hair. Him staring down at his shoes. STOP BEING SO PERFECT I JUST CAN'T. *epic fangirl moment*

I approached him. *Cough cough*

"Oh hey, you're here. Listen, I'm so sorry I acted so rude. I feel bad, trust me. I just want to explain."

I kept silent. Keeping my cool. Hah! As if I had any when I'm with him.

"I've been with this girl, Jess. She was my all, and suddenly, just one day she decided to call it quits between us. I felt....lost? She was the second girl I truly liked and she just left me. I couldn't completely remove her from my head. And that night when we went to the movies, she texted me. She said,...she missed me." he explained.

Listening to that almost made me want to jump down the building. Not literally but.. whoa.

"So I guess I felt angry, and confused that I took it out on you. Not only you, I was that way to my friends and family too. So if you feel offended, I'm sorry. Really sorry." he continued.

"Oh, all along I thought I made you mad. So it's about a girl. Do you..still love her then?" I managed.

"I don't know. I just...." he stopped.

He looked at me and said "Do you think I should go back to her?"

Those words made me crack up inside. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say "No. You belong with me" but I think most girls in that situation would say....

"You still like her, don't you? Give her another chance." I lied through my teeth.

"You think so, too?" 

"Why? Who else told you the same thing?" I said, almost annoyed.

"My parents" he replied.

Wow. Perfect, even his parents approved of them getting back together. What more do I have to say? I guess if I want to see him happy or keep this friendship, I should keep my feelings to myself.