Chapter 5

Next day, I woke up to a cold and shocking sensation on my forehead. 

"Just lay in bed, you're burning up. Just skip school today okay?" the house maid said to me.

"What time is it?"I asked in a groggy voice.

"10am, agashi" 

"Aigoo I told you not to call me agashi, just call me Ailee" I grumpily joked. I liked this ahjumma. She's nice.

She gently put the pack of ice wrapped in towel on my head.

"Okay, rest now or you won't be able to attend school tomorrow. Maybe just stay home a few days if this fever does not subside."

"Arraso ahjumma!" I said and went back to sleep.

###############################

Meanwhile in school

Eric's POV 

That's odd. I didn't see her this morning, not at lunchroom or the rooftop. Is she even in school? Aish, I really wanted to see her today. Maybe not ready to speak with her yet, but maybe just a glimpse of her cheerful and bubbly face could do me some good. I was about to tell her what's going on. If only Jessica didn't text me the other day. Why am I acting like this? She broke up with me. Why am I still clinging on to this hopeless relationship. Relationship? No, it's not even that in the first place.

Maybe I should text her.

##############################

Ailee's POV

****zzzzttttt ****zzzztttt

Text message from Eric:

"Hey Ailee, where are you?"

Where am I? I woke up to this?!

"Home" I grumpily punched in the keys and replied.

I took some time to freshen up and realise it was Eric who texted me.

"Didn't go to school? Are you okay?"

Wow, concerned I see...

"Nope. Just need to rest at home for a bit."

"Okay. Rest well." he ended off.

That's all? No 'I'll come visit you' or something? So much for being concerned. Forget it Ailee. He couldn't be bothered to know if you were dead or not. Just forget it. 

I feel my fever rising. This time feels a little strange. My head was hurting. I could barely take the pain.

"Ahjumma!" I managed to let out a yell.

She realised my situation and dialled for the ambulance. That was all I could remember though.

Next thing I knew I was in a hospital setting.

"What happened, ahjumma?" I asked

"You fainted. Your fever was 39 deg celcius. The doctor said it subsided, don't worry. Just eat a lot and drink lots of water, arraso?"she instructed.

"Keudae..I'm sorry for troubling you."

"Sorry? Your mother paid me to take care of you while you're here."

"But still, thank you." I sincerely thanked her and smiled.

Hospitals can be very classy huh. A flat screen television, carpetted floors, fancily painted walls.. I could get used to this. Unfortunately, I was discharged the next day. I went home and found my phone on the bed. 2 messages.

Text message from Umma:

"Get well soon, darling. Eat and drink well. I can't come and visit you because my boss just assigned me a huge project. You'll understand right? Sorry, and I love you."

I love you my stinking big foot! I wouldn't want you here even if you could make it. You obviously love your work more than you love me. I ignored and read the other message.

Text message from Junhong:

"Are you sick? You haven't been to school for a few days now. Get well soon!"

I rubbed my eyes to see if I was reading correctly. Him.. how..why...

"I'm fine. Just a high fever. Thank you for your concern."I replied.

Gosh, I sound so formal. Well how else am I supposed to reply him when I've been yelling and arguing with him for so long!

-------------------------------------------

NEXT DAY

It's a little refreshing to be in school again after being in bed for 3 days. I walked to my locker and unloaded my books. I hope I didn't miss a lot for missing 3 days of school. 

UGH Jiyeon. That's it. My day is as good as ruined now.

"Well well well, look who's here. Were you sick? Are you sure you weren't just sick in the head?" she provoked.

"Oh yes. I was having a fever, and my fever made my head hurt so technically.. Yes. I was sick in the head." I replied. That'll shut her up.

Eric. He was making his way towards me. This time smiling at me. He's approaching me.

"Ailee! How are you? I missed you." He started.

Whoa.. hold up. Miss me? When you didn't even bother to text me to see if I was getting any better. 

"I'm okay now"

"That's good. Meet me during lunch at the rooftop? We need to talk." he initiated.

I nodded and walked off.

Class was noisy as usual. I walked in a placed my medical letter on the teacher's desk and walked to my seat. Suddenly, a hand crept up my forehead. I looked up to see who it was.

Junhong! 

"Gwenchana? Are you feeling better?" He prompted.

"Yes... uhm what are you doing. Your girlfriend might see!" I said referring to JY.

"I was just worried... about you."

"Well, I'm fine now. Sorry.. I just didn't want to fight with Jiyeon anymore. So please just leave me alone?" I said.

"Whatever." he said and walked away

"Wait I didn't mean it like that!" I grabbed hold of his arm to face me. That shocked the whole class. Everyone stared silently.

"I just didn't want her to misjudge your actions"

"I get it. It's fine." He said without looking me in the eyes and sat down.

The class was now in a ruckus again... this time talking about me.

"How could she just touch him like that?!" One of the girls said.

"She's really bold to do that while Ji yeon isn't around.." another said.

Oh for heaven's sake STOP IT! *breaks into bap's stop it*

----------------------------------------------

lol KIDDING about the last part. Curious to know what Eric is gonna talk about? Vote! Comment! :D 

I love Zelo. A lot.

Saranghaeyo BAP!