Chapter 7

The night passed so quickly. I remembered closing my eyes and next thing I knew it was morning. I got ready for school and sat down for breakfast, just like any other mornings. 

"Eat up, dearie. Why do you look so down?" ahjumma questioned.

"I'm just tired.." I replied.

"Right, tired. I know something's up but I also know you're smart enough to solve your own problems so I won't ask any further" she ended off.

I smiled at her. She always knew the right thing to say. I felt better even though we didn't talk much. Oh, time for school!

First few lessons were productive. I actually stayed awake. I forced myself to pay attention to get my head off Eric. This lesson however, Ms Jung told us to do it in pairs. Well, I have Jae Hee. But she's not in school today. Damn!

"I have assigned you in pairs. Listen up." Ms Jung announced.

Assigned? I'll be fine just not with Ji Yeon or Junhong. Pleaseeeeeee

"Ailee, pair up with Ji Yeon."she continued.

"WHAT!?" we both yelled in unison.

"No excuses. Get into your pairs or you'll fail this assignment." she threathened.

"Well I must as well fail now" I said to her.

"Ugh! Shut up. I can't fail no matter what. My grades for the other classes are too low."Ji Yeon told me.

"Fine. Let's just get along for this." I agreed.

Working with her was not half as bad as I thought it would be. I finally saw her brain working properly. Which was a first for me. We completed the assignment on time and handed in to Ms Jung.

"That was fast! See, working with each other can be interesting." Ms Jung told us.

"Well, she did most of the thinking." I told her.

"Ahh no, you did all the thinking. I wasn't really helping." she shyly denied, bet she was wondering why I complimented her.

"Enough, enough. You both did a good job. I was focusing on you two the whole time." she added.

We smiled and went back to our seats. Ms Jung collected all the assignments and look through it. She said that she would be giving away 2 movie tickets to the pair who did the best job. Hmm I wonder who it would be.

"Ailee and Ji Yeon. Come up front, please." Ms Jung announced.

We were surprised. WE did the best job?! So unexpected!

"You two did a brilliant job on the report. You really put your heads to good use. You deserve this" she stopped and handed us two tickets.

We gratefully accepted it and went back to our seats. For the first time, I was happy with her. She gave me a wide smile too. I wasn't sure how to react act first but I smiled back. 

After class, I packed my things and walked out of the room.

"Ailee! So I guess I'll be seeing you this weekend?" Ji Yeon said.

"Oh I was thinking about giving it to Junhong though.." I explained.

"Uhm what for?" she asked.

"So he can watch it with you?" I continued.

"We're not together anymore though.." she whispered.

"What?! Really?"

"Yea, so just keep the ticket. We'll watch it together okay?" she insisted.