Chapter 14

Charlie POV

Orion- "Well, congratulations, you just forfeited whatever mental edge you might have had over the varsity, now they know they own you.....This isn't the Peewees, your little Ducks tricks are not gonna work at this level"

Orion- "Now for the last time, stay away from the varisty, and gets those Duck jerseys off now, lets go now take them off"

Now I'm mad, I cross my hands refusing to take my jersey off

Orion- "The Ducks are dead. You got two choices Conway, take off the jersey right now or you don't play"

"You're breaking up the best thing any of us ever had"

Orion- "We'll it's time to grow up"

"Grow up? Like you huh? A washed up pro who has to show off to a bunch of kids. Geez that's real grown up"

Orion- "okay, goodbye Conway"

I can"t believe he kicked me off and no one stood up with me

Orion- "Anyone else?"

Fulton started to skate away

Orion- "Alright, good-bye Fulton.....No one's forcing any of you to be here. It's your lives, you decide what to make of them.....All right, twenty laps then hit the showers"

*AT HANS HOUSE*

Reporter on raido- "And with ten seconds to go in the second it doesn't look good for Eden Hall. the bright spot Greg Goldberg who skates up on defense for the first time tonight, he's a one-man wrecking crew"

I walk into Hans and see he is listening to the game

Hans- "your mother's been calling, she's been looking for you"

Reporter- "These Little Warriors can't seem to buy a break"

"I'm right here"

Reporter- "Ah, and there's the buzzer at the end of two its Cardinals 4 and Warriors 1"

Hans turns off the radio because he knew it bothered me

Hans- "Sounds like the team needs you huh?"

"They don't need me, what they need is a new coach"

Hans- "You're not a little boy anymore, CHarlie. Please stop acting this way"

"I just don't know what this guy wants from me"

Hans- "He won't let you just skate by, he demands more. He wants it because he knows that it is there inside of you. Like Gordan did. He needs you to lead"

"How can he expect me to lead whennhe takes away my C? I was the captain, Hans"

Hans- "It's only a letter Charlie"

He pulls out a lot of letter  C's

Hans- "Here, I have hundreds" he said laughing

"These are not the same, don't make fun of me Hans"

Hans- "he took away the C Charlie, not what was under it....Go! Be with your friends Charlie, you are the heart of the team, don't let it slip away"

"They're the ones what are slipping away from me"

I got up I needed to go for a walk but I notice something is wrong with Hans

"Are you okay, Hans?"

He shook his head yes

"I gotta walk. I'll see you"

I walked out

Hans- "Good-bye Charlie."