Chapter 18

Charlie POV

Orion- "So that's it? You're dumping them just like that?"

Buckley- "Coach, I'm sorry. Your team isn't performing, and I've been under pressure"

Orion- "From who? The alumni group? A bunch of aging pep clubbers?"

I can tell her was getting mad

Buckley- "Ted, I'm trying to do you a favor, with those kids gone, you'll get to pick your lown team...Let's face it, the Ducks are drowning"

Orion- "I got my team, either they stay or I go"

Buckley- "We'll ,iss you Ted"

With that he walked away and we all got off the bus

Averman- "We're just pawns, puppets for the stage show, jesters to entertain the king, barnacles on the bottom of.."

Russ- "Shut up!"

Goldberg- "Coach is this legal? I mean, don't we have contracts or something?"

Orion- "I don't know what this is. All I know is we're gonna fight it"

We all went home and waited for the board meeting the next day

*THE NEXT DAY*

Buckley- "Do I have a motion of reconsideration?"

No one spoke up

Buckley- "I'm sorry Coach, but unless there is a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand"

Orion- "You leave us with no choice, but to bring in our attorney"

The doors open and out comes Bombay

Bombay- "Dean Buckley, members of the board. As counsel for Coach Orion...and the freshman hockey team, I am here today to set forth your legal options, so that you may make the best possible decision for all parties concerned."

Buckley- "Mr. Bombay, this isn't a leagl proceeding"

Bombay- "Not yet, but I can assure you that it will be. Do you mind?"

He handed Buckley his brief case and pulled out pur scholarships

Bombay- "These scholarships, an offer, became a blinding contrat upon the signatures of the recipients and acceptance by the Ducks. They cannot be voided except for cause which, I gurantee you, you have none. Should you decide to pursue their canellation, I will slap you with an injuntction. I will tie this matter up in court for years, until long after these kids have gone on to college.And I will collect damages. And I will win. Because I am very, very good. You know why I'm so good? Because I had a good education. You gave it to me. And your gonna give it to these kids."

Orion- "He is good"

I smiled

"Just getting started"

Bombay- "Now some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that...these Ducks don't belong at Eden Hll. Let me tell you, you are dead wrong. These are remarkable young people. You give them their full shot and I promise you they will succeed. Not only on the ice but in classrooms as well. These people are my friends, and I know they can do it. Accordingly, I demand that you reinsate their scholarships for there benefit, and for your own"

I look over and see Cole and Reily whispering

Cole- "What's going on"

Reily shrugged his shoulders

Board Member- "I move that the scholrships...be reinstared"

I smiled

Buckley- "Is there a second?"

The board members all mumbled and started to rause there hands

Buckley- "Scholarships reinstated."

The team started to cheer

Banks- "For Hans, Charlie"

I gave him a small smile back

Bombay- "I've got some business in Chicago, but I'll be back soon...if you need anything, give me a call"

"Yeah, Thanks again, Coach"

Tarah- "Hi Charlie"

I turned around and see the most beautiful girl ever

"Hey. Listen I'm sorry I was such a jerk, but I'm staying i school. And I still owe you that coke" I said laughing

Tarah- "I'm just glad you're back"

Reily- "Congratulations....in destroying our school."

"Hey, look its our school too"

Tarah- "It's everyone's school, you stupid jock"

Reily- "No, it will never be your school. Don't you get that? You're our own little affirmative action, brought in for color to entertain us, but you couldn't even do that...your fancy lawyer kept you in on a technicality, but you'll never belong, you'll never be anything anymore...than a bunch of rejects here on a free ride."

Russ- "Free ride? Look at you, rich boy! Mommy and daddy gave you everything, huh?"

Reily- "Hey JV-Varisty game's on Friday. Then we'll show the while school what a joke you really are, then maybe you'll leave on your own, It'd be the only honorable thing to do."

Cole- "You know we're gonna hurt you."

"Listen, you guys had an unfair advantage last time. You had one of us, Banksie"

Reily- "Oh, well. Keep him. He never had the heart of a Warrior anyway."

Russ- "Hey, one more thing, After we beat you, the Warriors die and the Duck's fly"

Reily- "Hey, anything you say loser"

They all walked away

Averman- "good move Russ, make them even madder"

Goldberg- "Charlie, we gotta do something, man"

"Yeah, you're right. We've gotta get to work...let's go guys!"

We all walked to the ice rink and started to practice, we needed to practice good if we want to win Friday