Chapter 3

::Cassidy's POV::

I tried to hide the disappointment in my eyes after finding out Chresanto was engaged to be married. But why should I care anyway? It's been 10 long years since we've been together and we're two completely different people now. We're not in high school anymore. We're two grown adults.

Honestly, seeing him again brought back old feelings but what could I do at this point. He'd moved on, built a new life with someone other than me and it really did hurt. I hated to see him with someone else. I knew he would eventually be in another relationship but I never thought I would actually see him again.

"Oh yeah, here's your lunch babe," Crystal said and handed Chresanto a paper bag.

I bit my lip awkwardly. How could someone of my caliber feel so insecure at this moment. What could I say? What could I do? I wanted to leave and NEVER come back, but I told these kids I would do this for them. I couldn't go back on my word now.

"So Cassidy, are you married or anything?" Crystal asked.

The question took me back a little. Why was she so concerned? It was really none of her business and quite frankly, I thought it was kind of rude, but I shook it off.

"Uhmm.. no," I said. "Solo Dolo," I started to chuckle but stopped when I realized I was the only one laughing.

"That's great!" She said with a smile. "One of Chresanto's friends was supposed to go on a double date with us but he couldn't find anyone to take. Would you mind?" She asked me.

HELL NO HOE! WHAT THE FUCK I LOOK LIKE?

I shook my head slightly. "Uhh.. I dont know if that'll be a goo--"

"Oh please! " She begged while cutting me off. "It has to be four people."

"And you don't have anyone else to take?" I asked.

"Nope," She replied simply. "All the other ladies I suggested, Chresanto would be like 'Nooo. You can't hook my homeboy with her. She's not pretty. She doesn't have anything going on for herself. Blah. Blah. Blaahhhh," she mocked Chresanto.

He just looked at her and rolled his eyes while she waited for a response from me.

"What if he doesn't even like me?" I asked, trying to make up an excuse not to go. But, of course he would like me.

"What do you mean, what if he likes you?!" She asked in disbelief almost. "You're gorgeous!"

Even though she was giving me a compliment, I saw a flash of envy hidden behind her light green eyes. But maybe I was just being crazy like usual. I am bipolar, remember?

I looked over at Chresanto. He was looking me dead in the eyes, then he looked away, pretending to watch his students . I could see that he didn't want me to go but maybe this could be the perfect way of showing him that I've moved on... even though I haven't. But what's the best way to get over someone, you may ask? Well it's to get UNDER someone else.

That's most likely not gonna happen; I just need Chresanto not to think that I'm fangirling over him still. Plus, you could never have too many friends, right?

"Okay," I said. After my approval left my mouth, I saw Chresanto's head snap back.

"Yayy!" Crystal cooed. She pulled me into a hug.

I avoided Chresanto's eye contact as I was engulfed by Crystal.

After pulling away, she said, "Meet us at Locando Verde at 7:30!" She said excitedly.