Chapter 15

There are only a few chapters left so enjoy! And don't forget to comment/vote!

::Cassidy's POV::

"Did you sign the papers yet?" Was the text that Chresanto sent me. It had been about a week since he came over and gave me the divorce papers.

"I'm gonna send my assistant over to get them," He sent yet another message.

I sighed heavily. Fine. He wants me to sign them, I'll sign them. I went over to the envelope on my dressers and pulled out the divorce papers. I clicked my pen, the signed them without another thought.

We have a meeting with our lawyers tomorrow to discuss what would go to who. For the most part, Chres just wanted to leave with what he had in the beginning. Nothing really. I was the one with all of the resources. The fancy house. The row of cars. The multimillionaire with a thriving business, but what was it really worth at this point?

**The Next day**

I was on my way to my lawyers office. There, we would discuss with Chresanto and his lawyer about the steps we would have to make in order to get a divorce.

When I got there, everyone was already seated in an office. Chresanto and his lawyer on one side of the table, while my lawyer sat on the opposite side waiting for me.

As I took my seat I heard Chresanto's lawyer whisper something.

"THIS is the woman you're divorcing?" He asked in shock.

Chres just gave him a stern look which automatically cut off his unprofessional behavior.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to wear a red long sleeved body con dress with overly sized pearls and 6 inch heels to a meeting of this caliber?

I handed Chresanto the envelope with the divorce papers in them.

He looked up at me as I slid them across the table.

"You actually signed them? " He said a little to happy for my pleasing as he opened it up. Ouch.

I just nodded my head as I tried to hide the way his words really made me feel.

His smile automatically dropped as he read what was signed onto the papers.

"What the hell is this Cassidy?" He threw the divorce papers onto the table.

I picked them up and looked through everything.

"What's the problem?" I asked and shrugged.

"You wrote, 'I Love You' on every damn line." His voice was strained and his jaw was clenched tight.

"Well that's because I do," I said while standing up and leaning towards him on the table. "And I plan on fighting for you til the day I die. I love you. I'm the girl for you and I'm not going to just give up that easily."

I noticed how his face read an expression that nearly mocked intimidation. It was as if he hadn't expected me to do that and that's exactly what I wanted.

I walked out of the door as I heard his lawyer whisper, "Woah."

::Chresanto's POV::

I was beyond pissed at this point. I was now driving to Cassidy's house to talk some sense into her. Her little stunt ruined the whole meeting and who knows how long it'll be until both of our attorneys are free to reschedule.

When I got to the house, I automatically jumped out of my car. I began banging on the door loudly, I couldn't even hear myself think.

Finally, Cassidy opened the door while holding a bowl of grapes. I stalked my way in and didn't let her speak.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You said you signed the papers."

"And I did sign them," she said in a witty tone. "Looopppholllleee." She said while smirking and heading towards the couch.

I quickly grabbed her arm and her head snapped back towards me.

"Dont play with me Cassidy. God! You're so selfish! " I yelled while releasing her arm with a slight jerk.

She smacked her teeth then sat the bowl onto the coffee table.

"I dont see why you're so mad. One. You're making a big deal outta nothin. You should be on your knees, praising me for getting a test to prove that Chase wasn't yours. A test that you agreed to take ANYWAY minutes before you found out that I did it . Two. You mean to tell me that you were ready to have a child at 15 or 16 years old?! Cuz I sure as HELL wasn't. You would have had to give up EVERYTHING for Caeden and I didn't want that. I got pregnant, it was my responsibility. You were living YOUR dream. So dont you DARE try me with that being selfish shit!" She had her index finger in my face and she was going in on my ass. Not to mention that she's like a half a foot shorter than me.

"You know what? I dont even CARE anymore. You want me to sign the papers?! FINE. I'll sign them. Where are they?" She let the words flow out of her mouth, but I know she didn't really mean them.

"What you mean, where are they?! I have to get some more since you ruined the first copy!!" I yelled at her.

Neither of us noticed the doorbell ringing repeatedly.

"Well im sorry if I LOVE YOU! I didn't get married to get divorced! " She yelled back at me.

Ding-Dong.

Another doorbell echoed around us but we couldn't find a way to pull ourselves away from the argument.

"Neither did I but I wasn't the one who went and hid a child from me then got a paternity TEST on my OTHER SON BEHIND MY BACK.!" I retorted. No way was I letting her win this battle.

Finally, the guest just let themselves in since we'd left the door unlocked.

Both of our heads snapped in the direction of the intruder.

"Grandma?" I asked.

"Mama August?" I heard Cassidy say moments later.

We both went over to help her with her things.

"What are you doing here?" Cassidy asked while they shared a hug.

Next, it was my turn.

"Well you said I could visit anytime remember?" She said. "You mean to tell me that the woman who raised you from the age of 4 can't come and visit?" She directed her last question towards me.

"Of course you can. I'm just surprised that's al-- wait. You caught a plane all the way from Chicago?" I asked.

"Surely did," my grandma answered.

"Grandma. You know you're sick. How did you even--

"Oh hush boy. I ain't sick. You gon be the one who's sick if you dont hurry up and make me some dinner!" She said and sat on the couch and watched TV. "You know I dont like that nasty plane food.

I looked at Cassidy who was already staring at me. I grabbed her arm and led her into the hallway.

"What are you waiting on? Go on and tell her that you're divorcing me," Cassidy said as she snatched her arm back.

"You know I can't do that. And keep your damn voice down!" I whisper-yelled. "Just act like everything is normal."

She just rolled her eyes as I held her hand and led her back into the family room.

"So Grandma? What do you want for dinner?" I asked while smiling at Cassidy, mimicking the way couples show true affection.