Encore

((Hey :)  This story was written over a couple days, just for fun. The videos aren't really meant to be played while reading but are for your enjoyment at your own leisure. All clique art can be found on Tumblr under the hashtag #cliqueart. This story is complete but I'll be posting it a little at a time as I edit each part and am happy with it. Thanks for checking out my first fan fiction. ))

The sound of the crowd screaming vibrated through Tyler's chest and exhilarated him. He and Josh had just finished their set with Lane Boy and walked off to the side of the stage to catch their breath. The lights stayed dim, anticipation filled the air, they were expected back on stage any moment. 

"I love you, Tyler!"

"Marry me, Josh!"

"You guys rock!!!"

It was a small venue, but the crowd had been intense. He had heard Detroit shows could be off the hook, but he wasn't expecting such love to emulate inside the walls of St. Andrews Hall or to be uplifted and teetering on the brink of joy.

Tonight was nothing like the last time they played Detroit. It was at the Fillmore which had seating throughout the entire building, which always seemed to make the crowd more mellow. It was a good show, but Tyler liked the crowd to get up, have fun and jump around. With the way his day had been going, he sucked up the energy of the crowd with ease, milking as many positive vibes as he could muster.

It was such a small intimate venue that he was really able to connect with the crowd and he could almost feel their energy pulsating through him as they sang along with him.

Now, soaked in sweat, they chugged some water to cool down. Their roadie threw them each a towel so they could wipe off their faces. Josh also gave his underarms a quick once over and a sniff for good measure. 

Tyler's throat was raw, he had just recuperated from losing his voice and he may have overdone some of his loader vocals tonight, but it felt so good to scream. It was such a release of tension and he needed it tonight. 

"Hey, we going to that after-party later?" Josh inquired. He knew he wouldn't go if Tyler wasn't going to go even though he was looking forward to it.

Tyler just stared blankly at his best friend and asked, "What after-party?" He was of course joking. But it was exactly what he didn't want to think about. He was not looking forward to going to the party at all.

"Dude," was all Josh said as he stared at Tyler in utter disappointment, lifting his hands in the air slightly to reiterate his concern.

Tyler smirked and let his friend wait in silence. He knew exactly what after party Josh was talking about because his wife Jenna had reminded him earlier in the day for them to meet her there so that Josh could meet her old friend from school. 

"It's way too easy, you know that, right?" Tyler lightly patted Josh on the head, like a favorite pet. "Try to focus on the task at hand." Do not think about the fight you had with Jenna. Not now. Don't even think about it. He motioned towards Josh's drums.

"But we're going, right?"

"Keep it in your pants and let's kill it." Tyler grabbed the two ski masks that were waiting for them off stage. He tossed Josh the red one and pulled the white one over his face and ran back on stage for their encore songs; Guns for Hands followed by Car Radio and lastly an explosive version of Fairly Local, cause you know, they've been around.