Party's Over

Tyler decided to go back up to Kevin's party and get Josh. He needed a friend. He was shocked that Jenna would actually physically try and hurt him. It felt like he didn't know who she was anymore and it was killing him. 

He also needed sleep. It was just past 1:00 am and he could feel his body getting heavier with every step. He figured it was safe to say his night was over. 

He and Jenna weren't supposed to meet up again until Chicago. He wasn't even sure now if she would even meet him there. 

He had no idea that her smack in the face and sudden departure would turn his life upside down for good.

It started when he went back to the party. Josh was kicking it with Mike, Kevin's big black bodyguard. Stephanie was absently nodding to another woman who was having a conversation with everyone else around her. But really she was on her phone, perhaps browsing something. It didn't look to him like she was texting anyone. Tyler wondered if Jenna had sent her a message yet.

She glanced up and looked relieved to see him. But she scanned around him and her face contorted when she didn't see Jenna. She got up and walked over to him holding up her phone with questioning eyes.

"Hey, where's Jenna? She's not answering."

"Oh, she left."

"She left?" Steph shifted her weight from one leg to the other and crossed her arms to display her dissatisfaction.

Josh walked up and nodded at Tyler. "Where's Jen?"

Tyler waved towards the door and then rubbed the back of his head with his hands. "Yeah, she took off down the elevator. I'm sure she'll meet you back in your room though, Steph."

"I'm sorta ready to go, have been for a while now." Stephanie looked annoyed. "Just tell her I'll see her tomorrow when you find her."

"I can go find her if you want." Josh volunteered.

"That would be sweet. Thanks, Josh. Better than leaving her to fend for herself in a strange city." She gave Tyler a look like he just killed a puppy.

"No problem. You don't mind, hey Tyler?" On the one hand, Josh seemed to want to give Tyler the chance to go after her, but Tyler decided to let Josh be the hero. He had no idea that his best friend's heart was racing as he thought about Jenna being alone, lost or hurting.

"No man, I'd appreciate it. Just try to hurry." Tyler kinda gave him a stare down to let him know how serious he was. He wanted this day to be over.

Once Josh departed, Tyler was left standing with Stephanie. He noticed that she looked kind of nervous and that she wouldn't quite look him in the eye after more or less insulting him. She did quickly for a moment only to turn back down and look at her phone. She kind of mumbled a goodbye and began to walk around Tyler as if to leave.

He thought she probably hated him, who knows what Jenna had told her about him. He couldn't blame her for just taking off, they hadn't said more than two words to each other until now and the party had died down. Just a few groups of people laughing remained. 

He noticed as she walked around him that the color of her hair was really pretty. It was a different shade of red than what he's used to seeing around, a sweet mix of crimson and chestnut. The way it brought out the pink in her cheeks was refreshing. He saw she had a small freckle on the tip of her lip and one under her eye. He thought he may have peaked at a tattoo on her upper neck behind her ear but her hair fell over it just as he tried to get a look.

"Hey wait, Steph! Can I at least walk down with you?" Tyler didn't think Jenna would want him to leave such an impression on her friend. Plus she seemed to hate him, which he couldn't stand enough to at least not try and remedy.

"Suit yourself."