Beforehand

To my amazing beautiful carranam Ella, who I'm sure has captured the hearts of everyone she meets, and who deserves more than just the world.

Dearest Reader,

Thanks for taking your time to even open this story. Starting last year, I started making compilations of poems that I've written throughout the year, and my 2014 one was published on another account (I wasn't very happy with it). This year, however, I chose only the ones I thought were good enough, and in the end, I ended up with 47 poems for this year's compilation, called 'For the Heart Catcher'. I cut a whole ton out (probably around thirty poems), and I hope that you like these selected ones as much as I do.

The idea of 'For the Heart Catcher' is that it's a letter, not specifically for one person I had in mind, but rather for this greater person out there somewhere who might want to know all the ideas I've put into words throughout the year - in this case, you, if you continue reading. And also because I want to keep track of my writing, and it would be extremely cool if I looked back years later and found this.

It took a whole lot of thinking to get this idea of a lettered-format poetry book, and I changed the idea a couple of times throughout the year, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Not everything in this book is a true story. In fact, most of the love poems are merely ideas of scenarios that I had in my head, and which I put down into words. A lot of them are also inspired by something else - a book, a song, etc, hence my (sometimes) brief explanation of each poem at the bottom of the page of every one, which includes how I got the idea and sometimes I couldn't help but ramble about the deeper meaning and whatever shit :)

Of course I'm extremely biased and would say to read the whole thing in order, but there are some on here that are better than others, so I'll just quickly list out my favourites:

1. Land of Dreams

2. Stop Time for a Moment

3. Missing You

4. Juxtaposition

5. Separation

6. Demise of the Soul

7. For the Heart Catcher

Okay I'll stop talking now. This was a really long author's note. I hope you like it

:) <3