Time

I see little flashes of them carrying me. And before I know it everyone is surrounding me when Rick screams "DO IT!" And pops my leg back into place. After that I pass out all the way. I don't know how long I was out for, but I wake up on the couch. I try to sit up but my chest hurts really bad so I decide to lay back down. "are you ok" I hear a voice say from across the room. It's dark outside so I can't see. "Who said that" I say as I look around. "Carl" he says as I see him walk closer to me. "I thought you weren't going to wake up. I have been here for 4 hours" he says as he pulls a chair from the dinner table and sits on it backwards. "Is everyone here? Are they all ok?" I say as I try to stand up. The pain is almost unbearable, but I try to anyways. "They are all fine, they left to go on a run but they only want to find a truck and maybe some snow shovels. They will be back soon." He says putting his hand on the front of my shoulder so I can't stand up.

"What happened after I blacked out?" I ask. "Nothing much, the milk spoiled" he says in a joking manner. I laugh but it hurts so bad I force myself to stop laughing. Carl moves the chair back and sits on the floor. "Have some water" he says as he hands me a glass. Wow, I forgot what drinking out of a clean glass was like. I drink almost the whole thing. When I finish drinking I look over to see Carl staring at me. "Do you want something" I say looking back at him. And before I can say anything else he presses his lips against mine. But after a few seconds I pull away. "What was that for?" I say looking back at him. Before I hear any words, I black out again.

This time I wake up upstairs, laying in my bed with water on the side table and I'm all tucked in. I feel something tight squeezing on my knee so I move the blankets so I can look at it. It's just a brace but all around it is purple and black. I try to move but everything hurts like hell. "Aw shit" I say as I move back into the position I was in before and pull the blanket back into its spot. I rest my head down on the pillow and look at the ceiling. All I can think about is my kiss with Carl. I don't know if it was a dream, but I can't stop thinking about it. I hear someone running down the hall which makes me reach for my gun. That's when I realize it's not even there, neither is my gun belt. AND I'm in cotton shorts. The shirt I was wearing before was replaced with a tank-top and my hair was put into a messy bun. I'm looking around the room when I notice someone standing at the door, it's Sam and Carl. "I changed your clothes so you would be more comfortable." Sam says as she hands me the glass of water. "Thank you." I say as I look over at Carl. He just leans in the door way, looking at the ground. I don't say anything because I don't know if what happened was a dream. "How long was I out for" I ask Sam as I lift my head a little bit. "Almost a day and a half, everyone thought you were going to die" Sam says to me as she sits on her bed. "I will be right back I will bring you something to eat and Rick wanted to know when you wake up." Sam says as she stands up and walks through the door.

Carl puts his hands in his pockets and walks towards me. "Are you sure you're alright?" He says as he sits on the small stool that is next to my bedside table. "I'm sure I'm ok" I say as I close my eyes for a moment. He kisses my forehead and I hear his footsteps lead out of my bedroom. Maybe it was real, maybe it wasn't all a dream.