Prologue

"All you do is complain about everything I do!" I scream at my mom. Ever since I moved in with my mom, she's done nothing but nag about how I could lose weight, how I should focus more on school, and so much more.

"I just want the best for you. Your father did a terrible job raising you, and now I'm the one that has to fix it," she mumbles, not quite under her breath.

"Oh, so that's what this is about? You feel like you have to take care of me? You think you need to fix me? The last thing I need is for you to 'fix' me."

Before she could say another word, I marched out the front door, making sure to slam it shut behind me.
____

As I sit on the front porch, I pull out my phone and text my best friend, Julie.

hey, its morgan. r u still awake

yea, y?

mom nd me had a fight. can u come get me? i just wanna get away for a while

ill be there in 5.

She's the best. Julie is the only person who understands me. As soon as I told her I was moving back up here, she was estatic. Julie has always had my back.

I hear her car pulling into my driveway, so I start to walk towards the end of my driveway. When she stops, I hop into the passenger seat.

"What was the topic of tonight's fight?" Julie asks me while she pulls out of my driveway.

"She's just too picky. Everything I do wrong, she points it out, and tells me that I should do better."

Julie's phone goes off. I look over to see who it is. Her mom texted her. Julie picks up the phone, unlocks it, and reads the message.

"Aw, shit," she says. "Mom's wondering where I am."

As Julie begins to text her back, I start to get nervous. All those texting and driving commercials scared me into being paranoid whenever someone does it.

"Julie, pay attention," I tell her. Of course, she doesn't listen, and keeps texting her mother.

While I was trying to get her attention, I didn't realize we were headed right for a tree.
____

Hello! This is my first time ever writing anything, ever, so I hope you like it! I'll update when I can!