Chapter 6: Our Deceased Friend

That was Haru, but I didn't want to believe it. Her head was smashed, some of her brain coming out. There were maggots crawling all over her body. Lenora screamed and quickly covered her eyes into my dad's chest.

" Hayashi-san," Souta muttered. Tears started to spill from his eyes. " No, it can't be."

" It is her," I said. " There's no doubt that this hair can belong to someone else. Also, the bracelet." I pointed to Haru's right wrist, which had a neon colored bracelet. She had told me that she received it from her deceased twin sister. She never went into detail about her sister's death, but we all respected that already.

" We should leave," Dad finally said. " She wouldn't want you to see her like this." I nodded. I stood up, wiping the tears from my face.

" You're right. Wait, where's Jun?"

" Was Ito-kun with her?" Souta asked. " His body isn't there."

I shrugged. As we walked away, I looked back at Haru's body. I tried to fight back any tears that I had left. 

" Where are we going now?" I asked Mom. She shrugged.

" I don't know," she said. " What do you think Satoshi?"

" We need to find the others first, then we can figure out what to do together. I don't know what it is, but I feel like we've been here before." 

" You think?" Mom questioned. She sighed. " I don't know why you're thinking such a thing." 

" Maybe to scare us," Souta muttered. I lightly elbowed him in the ribs. He ran his mouth off too much. I stopped to look out the window. Sure, it was foggy, but I could see something on the other side. 

" What are you looking at?" Souta asked. He came and stood next to me. 

 " There's something on the other side," I said. " I can't see it clearly though." Souta squinted. After a while, he gasped. 

" It's another building!" he exclaimed. " Hey Dad, do you think we can get over there?" 

" Maybe," he muttered. " It's not impossible." 

I grinned. " Alright then, let's go find our friends." I ran down the hall with Souta behind me. 

" Wait Anna!" Mom called. Her voice then faded as we ran further. I stopped. 

" Anna, what's wrong?" Souta asked. I looked back. 

" Mom!" I called. There was no response, the only thing that was heard was my voice. Souta held onto my blouse. 

" Oh no," he muttered. " What are we gonna do now?" 

I grabbed his hand. " We find the other building. Mom and Dad both know what we were doing, so they can meet us there." 

" Are you sure that's gonna work?" 

I nodded. Though, I wasn't so sure. " Souta, do you have a flashlight? The hallway is getting darker." 

" There's that light that's ahead of us," he said as he pointed down the hall. " You could use that." 

" Light?" I questioned. As we walked closer to it, I noticed that it was a candle. One of Aunt Ayumi's!

" Aunt Ayumi was here!" Souta exclaimed. 

I nodded. " That means they're in this place and we can find them. But, first we have to get to that other building." 

Together, Souta and I walked down the dark hallway.