XV

"Your precious Prince of Uruk has returned," Gilgamesh pushed the  door with his foot as he held even more groceries in his hands

     "Your precious Prince of Uruk has returned," Gilgamesh pushed the door with his foot as he held even more groceries in his hands. Upon entering he noticed that Arturia had gotten up from her bed and a very surprised Diarmuid stared at her with confusion, "Well, I missed shocking news," he huffed and stepped towards the table, "What happened this time?" He let the groceries rest upon the wooden table as he watched both of them in eagerness.

     "Diarmuid finds it hard to believe that I am a prince," Arturia turned to Gilgamesh with the straightest look on her face that it made Gilgamesh a bit taken aback.

     He looked at her and blinked his eyes a little bit, "Pardon? You mean princess, right?" He held back the smile and laughter that were threatening to erupt any second.

     "Prince."

     "Hmm?"

     "Do not tell me that you also do not believe me?"

     Gilgamesh could not hold it back any longer and he simply fell into a fit of laughter, "You? A prince?" He managed to wheeze, "Did the incident make you a little bit mentally unstable?" Even with the offended look on her face it made him laugh harder.

     "Quit laughing at her," Diarmuid groaned, "She seems to be telling the truth."

     "The truth? Ha! She is a lady! Ladies are not Princes!" Gilgamesh had to sit on the floor to stop himself from laughing, "Do you even hear how crazy she sounds?" Then his smile dropped and he held a serious expression, "Oh my god, I am sorry. You are a prince. Forgive me," Gilgamesh bowed before her and then glanced up at her thankful expression, "I have to bow before my rival."

     She gave him a soft smile and nodded, "Gilgamesh believes me," she turned back to Diarmuid.

     "I never thought I would see that expression on your face," he mumbled and then began to laugh again, "you look hilarious! So...hopeful!"

     Arturia pouted and crossed her arms as she heard that he was playing a joke on her. She gave him a dirty look and grit her teeth, "Now I know who my friends aren't," she scowled, her brows knitted together in annoyance.

     "Do not tease her like that, Gil, you are making her irritated," Diarmuid warned, eyeing the other man with disappointment.

     "Alright, alright," Gilgamesh calmed down but let some small chuckles slip, "Alright. Hah..." He stood from the wooden floor and both Gilgamesh and Diarmuid stood before her in silence.

     "Tell us why you think you are the prince." Diarmuid licked his lips and looked down at her as he tried to understand as to why she even thought that.

     Her green eyes turned to slits and she glared daggers at them before starting, "Well—"

     "A prince?!" Gilgamesh erupted into laughter again and Diarmuid had to nudge him to stop, "It is just inconceivable!"