The Journal

Dipper's POV:

I couldn't believe it. There were strange things in Gravity Falls? I sat down on the ground and opened the book. Flipping through the pages, I saw that it said stuff about Gnomes, Eyeball Bats, Zombies and other crazy, unbelievable things. This was too weird, so I decided that I wouldn't show Mabel just yet.

I just need to process what this is first. I thought. Then I'll tell Mabel.

This was going to take a long time.

Bill's POV:

I watched over the kid cautiously with my one eye. He didn't notice because he can't see or hear me. The only way he can acknowledge me is if I went into his thoughts, like a dream. I decided to lay low on the kid but just this once. I'd prefer if he read about me before I joined in. I made the wind blow, turning the journal pages to the ones about me. I made sure to get rid of my 'bad warnings' to make the kid less... paranoid, I would assume. I watched as he read about the 'mysterious dream demon' and he looked interested.

Let the project begin.

Dipper's POV:

I was reading about the Eyeball Bats when a sudden strong wind came and blew the pages, stopping at a page about a triangle guy, Bill Cipher. The shape of this creature seemed familiar... the picture I took on the bus ride here! I took out my camera and flipped to the picture again, seeing the triangular 'blur' in between two of the Pine trees.

I saw this thing with my own eyes, so I knew it was real. This journal knew about every strange thing in this town. This was so cool, but the Author of this book seemed to be unknown, which was unnatural. I read the first part under the title 'Bill Cipher'.

"A triangle dream demon that is older than our existence. He is known as 'the being with answers'." I read aloud.

This Bill guy sounds pretty cool.

Mabel's POV:

I was sitting at the table when Gruncle Stan showed up with lunch.

"Grilled cheese?" I asked. "This is me and Dipper's favourite! How did you know?"

He sat down across from me and looked serious.

"Speaking of your brother, where is he?" he asked.

I looked at him with my beady eyes.

"He's not back yet?" I asked, worried.

"Dipper was all quiet when he headed out this morning."

"Maybe I should look for him."

"NO! Ahem... I mean, it's too dangerous for a little girl like you."

I took my sandwich and went into the kitchen. A few seconds later I walked out with my grilled cheese in a baggie.

"I'm going to find my brother."

Dipper's POV:

I was interested about this Bill guy, but my excitement quickly faded when I heard voices in the forest.

What was that? I asked myself.

It sounded high pitched and had an echo to it, but it was like in some weird language. I started to freak out as I looked all around me to see no one was anywhere.

I guess this is what I get for running away to something supernatural.

Mabel's POV:

I looked everywhere, but I couldn't see Dipper anywhere. I avoided the woods because only an idiot would explore in there. I decided to head back to the Shack, hoping Dipper's smart enough to come back.

Dipper's POV:

I wanted to call for help but I was too worried I would hear that voice again. I knew the right thing to do...

Tell Mabel everything.