Miscommunication

(Laurens POV)

Oh my God! she knows. I jog down the hallway and turn the corner to the washroom.

"Why would you do that, idiot?" I whisper. I feel tears running down my cheeks and I turn on the tap.

After splashing some cold water on my eyes, I decide it's time to go back to class. I take the long way back.

I try to enter the class without alerting anyone, but the door is locked. I knock three times and adjust my jeans, not focusing on the door. Someone clears their throat.

I look up and my eyes widen. "Shit" I whisper and she makes a weak smile before letting me in. We both return back to our seats and Mr Jackson starts the lesson. I try to focus on him and not Camila, which is difficult.

♢♢♢

After the lesson, we have a quick break, which we usually use to go back to our lockers and grab supplies. But the enriched don't need anything because we have P.E next.

I find myself in the schools courtyard, sitting on a bench and waiting for the bell.

My eyes scan the garden as I contemplate speaking to Camila later today. Maybe I should just leave her for today and she'll forget about what I said? I doubt it.

I get so lost in my thoughts I start humming, and soon singing. A small crowd gathers around me and I raise my gaze.

"Tell me pretty lies, look me - um" I feel my face getting hot and the group disperses.

I turn around to return to the school as soon as everyone leaves but I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"That was really good Lauren. You should join choir or something" I hear a familiar voice murmur. I smile

"Thanks Camila." We lock eyes but I break contact "listen, about what happened in science, I-"

She puts a finger to my lips "shut up Lauren, because I feel the same way" My eyes go wide

"What?" I scoff "Are you being for real right now, Camz?" She looks around quickly

"Yeah! I love Lana Del Ray too! But I've only heard a few songs of hers. Maybe you can show me some later today?" She mumbles so quick it sounds like Spanish

"Um... okay. I thought you were talking about something else" I laugh and jump as the bell rings

She smiles and starts walking towards the gym "Yeah... I thought so too."

"What was that Camila?" I walk a bit faster to catch up with her

"What? Oh nothing?" She smiles and we walk together to the gym.

Camila Cabello is a strange girl, but I don't mind.