Chapter 6

Ashley left without turning back. She didn't want S.Coups to see her crying. She wasn't jealous of Soohyang but it's just that she has been wishing to be in their music video since finishing the album production. She walked home even though it was tiring because it was 5 km from the music video set.

At the music video set, S.Coups was quiet when he was getting his hair and make-up done. The members were quite confused by the leader's sudden behavior and their gentleman came up to him. 

"Seungcheol, you okay? You seem quieter than usual. Where's Ayeon by the way?" Joshua asked. 
"She left," 
"She left? Why?" Joshua asked. He was a bit surprised that Ashley left without even seeing the boys. 
"She saw Soohyang and us together so I was guessing that she was a bit upset since I promised her that she would be our main lead for the music video," S.Coups said. 
"What?! You promised her?! Seungcheol, how can you keep a promise you can't even fulfill?!" Joshua asked with his voice raised. The other members and staff looked at him. 
"I didn't know that Soohyang would be here so I promised her that she would be our main lead. That's why I did that," S.Coups said. Joshua shook his head. 
"Did you apologize to her?" Joshua asked and the leader shrugged his shoulders. 
"I did but I don't think she can forgive me just like that," S.Coups said. 
"Time for the next scene! Get ready!" The producer called out. Joshua left the leader and went to his position for the dance. The leader mouthed 'Sorry, Jisoo' to the American Gentleman before getting himself ready. 

The music video shooting was done in two days including the outdoor scene and the 'Flower has bloomed' game scene. 

They were on their way back to the dorm and the members were doing what they usually do. S.Coups and Joshua didn't talk at all because of what had happened. Even though Joshua had forgiven the leader but to the leader, it seems like he wasn't even sincere in his words. 

Ashley was in her apartment for three days straight. Her mind kept playing the scene where S.Coups saved Soohyang from a ball that was coming towards her. Whenever she remembered it, her eyes were filled with tears. Even though she was going through her everyday life, it didn't feel the same. She would sometimes crawl up into a ball and remembered back the promise S.Coups made the day before the music video shooting. 

"Will you let me be your main lead?"
"Of course I will. I wanted you to be the main lead anyway,"
"Promise?"
"Promise," 

That word made her cry again. She wasn't crying out of sadness. She doesn't know why she was crying. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks passed and SEVENTEEN made their first comeback stage at M!Countdown. Ashley was invited to go by their manager but she rejected the invitation with an excuse to 'study'. SEVENTEEN was expecting Ashley to come but their manager gave them the red light. 

"How come she's still upset about the music video shooting?! It happened weeks ago," Dino asked. 
"Her trust towards Seungcheol had broke down because of his promise," Jeonghan said and crossed his arms. 
"Guys, look, again, I'm sorry for making that promise. I didn't know that Soohyang was there, alright?" S.Coups said while getting his mic ready. 

Back at Ashley's apartment, she watched the music show through her television since it was a live broadcast. 

After who knows how many performances, SEVENTEEN was up and they were piped up as ever. Ashley saw how happy they were performing on stage after a month of hiatus. She smiled at how hard they worked for the album. After the performance, she clapped on her own. She thought of something for a while and made a decision. She started getting ready for her big surprise. 

SEVENTEEN was on their way to their dorm. Before they opened the door, they saw a post-it note on their door. 

"In front of the building," DK read aloud. All of them looked at each other and decided to go to the front of the building. 

When they arrived, Hoshi was splashed with water. When they looked, it was Ashley with a water gun in one hand and a water balloon in her other hand. They were confused at first but when Jeonghan got splashed by a water balloon, they all went to play mode. 

All of them took a water gun and a bag filled with 10 water balloon for themselves and began spraying and throwing water balloons at Ashley. They ran all around the park and screaming. Since it was night time, some of the neighbors were awake and saw what they were doing. The neighbors understood that they were playing after seeing Ashley. Ashley had notified the neighbors beforehand, apologizing to them about the noise. 

After an hour of playing, all of them were soaked wet and tired. They sat down and placed their water guns beside them.

"So, you forgive me?" S.Coups asked to Ashley and she nodded. The members cheered and they all laughed.
"Sorry I didn't come to the music show today. I didn't feel like going," Ashley said.
"So, you were at home this whole time?" DK asked and she nodded with guilt in her eyes.
"None of that matters now. We're glad that you forgive our leader," Joshua said.
"Have you forgiven me, Jisoo?" S.Coups asked and the gentleman laughed.
"Of course I did, Cheol," Joshua said and all of them sighed in relief. 

They picked themselves up and rode the elevator together. S.Coups stayed in the elevator to escort Ashley back to her apartment. They were walking side by side, despite their soaked bodies. Their hands were inches away from each other. S.Coups wanted to take the chance but he felt like it was wrong. 

When they arrived at her apartment, S.Coups took the chance and hugged her. Ashley was taken aback of the leader's sudden action. 

"I'm sorry that you weren't the main lead for our music video. I wanted you to be our main lead but the producer already picked Soohyang to be the main. I never wanted her to be the main lead... I wanted you," S.Coups said. She was touched by his words. She pushed him away and smiled at him. 
"It's okay, Seungcheol. I let my emotions take over me. I'm sorry for leaving," She said. He sighed and gave her a hug one last time. He broke the hug and bid goodbye. 

S.Coups went back to the dorm and the members were still awake. 

"Guys, we have schedules to go to tomorrow. Shouldn't you guys wash up and get ready for bed?" S.Coups said. 
"But, Seungcheol hyung... we want to stay up late..." Seungkwan said and the leader crossed his arms. 
"No buts, Boo. Go wash yourselves up, kids," S.Coups said and pulled Jun by the wrist. A few of them stood up and got ready to wash up while the others ate a few snacks. 

Ashley was doing her nightly routine. Checking her phone while getting ready for bed. She saw the amount of photos that were uploaded by the fans, congratulating the boys on their comeback and smiled. 

Just then, she received a call from S.Coups. 

"Hey,"
"Getting ready for bed? I can hear our song playing in the background,"
"Yeah, I wanted to dream about you guys tonight," She joked. 
"Oho~ Really? Then, I'll think about you and dream about you sleeping," S.Coups cooed. Ashley cringed and laughed. 
"Go to sleep already, Cheol," 
"Okay, okay. Goodnight, Ayeonnie~" S.Coups said and hung up. 

Ashley was flustered by the leader's aegyo. She felt her cheeks and it was hot. 

"Is this how love feels like?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N; Hello again! Sorry for the short chapter! Usually, it would be 3000+ but I don't know why it's 1300+ words. I'll try to update a bit longer!