¤Chapter 28¤

Xavier's POV

As I walked to my office, I could feel myself slowly feeling regret. I rubbed my ear and slightly glared at my mother.

"You are so unbelievable." My mother said for the hundredth time.

"I know. I didn't mean-"

"What is wrong with you? Saying those things. I could hear you all the way downstairs. It was uncalled for and I will not accept it." She said, opening my door. I walked in after her and closed the door, locking it.

"I was just angry, mother. Please understand." I said, turning around. She was glaring at me and my dad was shaking his head back and forth.

"Just because you were angry, doesn't mean you should have said those things. You hurt her feelings, Xavier." She said. I groaned.

'I agree with her. What is wrong with you?' My wolf asked. I growled at him.

"What are we going to do about the festival?" I asked, changing the subject. My mother glared at me.

"Have you sent all the invitations to the Alphas?" My father asked. I averted my gaze to the wall.

"No," I said. He sighed.

"Xavier..." He trailed off. I looked at him.

"You need to send the invitations out before tomorrow. You need to get on it." He said. I sighed and leaned my back against the wall.

"I will see if Luke can get it done for me. I have a lot of papers to fill out and I have to stay alert for rogues." I said.

"You need to do it yourself, Xavier." He said.

"Fine." I breathed out. My mother's eyes lit up, causing my body to tense.

"Mom..." I trailed off. She smiled and started to make her way to the door.

"I'm going to let you two discuss business while I go talk to Erin." She said, unlocking and opening the door. She sent me a look and left out the door, closing it behind her.

"You do know she is going to try to persuade Erin to help send out invitations with you, right?" He asked. I chuckled.

"Of course I do. She's going to say no." I said, making my way to my chair. I sat down and sighed. I looked up at my father and creased my eyebrows.

'Do you see that?' Aiden asked.

'His eyes look like they are about to pop out.' I said, worried.

'Maybe it's stress.' Aiden said. I nodded.

"What did you say to her, Xavier? It could not have been that bad." He said, sitting in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"She said she couldn't be my mate. I told her to reject me, but she kept telling me to leave her alone. I... I told her I didn't need her and I would find a new mate and Luna for my pack. I called her weak and I told her to leave." I said, making my wolf whimper.

'Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Why? Just tell me why would you say that?' Aiden asked. I ignored him and sighed.

"Well, is that how you feel?" My dad asked. I shook my head no.

"Everything I said was a lie. I do need her and I can't find another mate or Luna. She's so strong, dad. She was with that man for 6 years after we left. Yet, there is still that spark of fire and determination in her eyes."

"What led to all of this? The fight I mean."

"We were sitting in my office and I had her trapped on my lap. I couldn't control Aiden and... it just happened. I had kissed her then she started kissing back. I thought she accepted me, but she pushed me back and walked out of the room." I said, the memory still there. I licked my lips, trying to savor the taste of her sweet lips.

"You kissed her?" He asked, raising a brow. I nodded.

"And she kissed back?" He asked. I nodded again.

"Well, son. It's simple. She does accept you. She obviously kissed you back, meaning she accepts you as her mate. If she doesn't, reject her and move on. She's a human, Xavier." He said, leaning forward.

I growled and shook my head.

"I will not reject Erin, human or not. She is my mate. My other half. I will die before I reject her." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"What about the pack? How will she protect the pack if we're ever attacked?" He asked. I glared at him.

"She can fight. Besides, I think..." I trailed off, not sure if I want to tell him. Maybe I shouldn't.

"What?" He asked.

"She... she can fight. I taught her how to fight. She can fight any wolf. That's what I trained her for." I said instead. He can't know now, not until I'm sure of it.

"Really? Can she beat your third?" He asked. I shook my head.

"She's not going to be fighting no one because I'm here. She and the pack will be fine as long as I'm here." I said. He shook his head.

"She either fight your third and proves herself, or I'm going to start asking girls around here do they want to be your mate." He said, standing up. I growled at him.

"You wouldn't," I said. He chuckled.

"I would, son. Make a decision now." He said. I stood up and growled at him louder.

"I'm the Alpha. Not you. I make the calls around here. You stepped down years ago." I said. He laughed.

"I'm a retired Alpha, but I still have power because I'm on the werewolf board committee." He said. My body slumped a little.

"What's it going to be?" He asked.

'You can't do this, man. She will get hurt. You know Angus will hurt her.' Aiden said. I shook my head and looked my father into his eyes.

"Fine. She will fight. And when she wins, you will have to bow down to me. In front of the whole pack." I said. His eyes danced with amusement.

"Okay. But if she loses, you will have to reject her in front of everyone and claim your new Luna." He said. I growled at him.

"Deal?" He said, sticking his hand out. I stared down at his hand.

'Don't do it!' Aiden yelled at me. I blocked him out and stuck my hand in his.

"Deal," I said. He smiled and pulled his hand out of mine. He cleared his throat and walked to the door.

"You better break the news. The fight is Wednesday." He said, opening the door.

"The festival is Wednesday," I said. He chuckled and walked out the door.

"Exactly." He closed the door, leaving me with my thoughts. What have I done?

.
.
.
.

A/N
Hey readers! Short chapter, I know. So, what do you think will happen? Why is Xavier's father forcing him into this situation? Comment, Vote, and Share! Bye!

-lilchay13