¤Chapter 57¤

Erin's POV

"I'm full. What about you, Sam?" I asked. He bobbed his head up and down, joining me on the couch.

"You haven't had dog food in a while, huh?" I asked, chuckling. I rubbed his head, getting a purr from him. I sighed, closing my eyes.

Now that I have left, I don't have to be told what to do. I can go anywhere I want without someone stopping me. I'm free, but I feel very far from it.

I groaned, laying down. Sam crawled up to me, laying down as well. I smiled.

"How do you put up with me, Sam?" I asked. He barked and snuggled up beside me. I slung my arm over his body, sighing.

Maybe I was doing this for me. I mean, they're werewolves. They wouldn't be worried about one werewolf.

I can't get the look of hurt and betrayal that was in his eyes out of my head. Did I do the right thing? I don't want anyone else to get hurt. Or maybe I just don't want someone to get hurt.

I growled, standing up. Sam jumped up, barking. I ignored him, pacing the room.

Am I selfish for leaving to protect him? I just didn't want to see him hurt. I couldn't live if I knew he got hurt because of me. Or worse. He could get killed because of me.

If I wasn't so special, I could live a normal, happy life. I groaned as pain hit me. This has been happening for the past two hours. It has to be from Xavier. Is he getting stabbed or something? These pains feel too strong just to be emotional.

'He's being stabbed in his heart.' Ebony grounded out. I growled at her.

'Oh. Now you talk?' I asked. She growled.

'You left our mate, Erin.' Ebony growled out. I growled back.

'I didn't have a choice, Ebony.' I said, growing annoyed.

'Of course, you did.' Mist said, the anger clear in her voice. I growled at both of them.

'So now you guys are going to gang up on me?' I asked. Ebony scoffed.

'Please. We're just telling you that you made the wrong choice in leaving our mate.' She said. I growled loudly at them, causing them to go quiet.

'I left. It's done. There's nothing I can do about it. Does it hurt? Yeah. Do I regret it? Not really. I rather leave then to watch them die because of me!' I shouted. They both whimpered. I cut them off, angry and irritated.

Sam rubbed against my leg, but I wasn't in the mood.

"Not now, Sam. I'm going to bed." I said, walking to the back room.

I opened the door walked over to the bed and plopped down, sleep starting to overwhelm my senses.
I felt the bed dip slightly, making me open my eyes. Sam snuggled up beside me once again, wrapping his tail around my arm. I smiled, rubbing his fur.

"It's good to still have you, Sam," I mumbled into his fur. He purred.

My eyes closed and before I drifted off, I could've sworn I heard someone say, 'the same to you too.'

.
.
.
.
.
.

BANG

I shot up from the bed on high alert. Whispering was coming from the front of the house and I could smell the intruders.

I slowly crept off the bed, making sure to not make the bed creak. Something was pushing in my head, causing me to realize it was Ebony and Mist.

'What?' I asked.

'Talk to Sam.' Ebony said. My eyebrows creased. I looked around for Sam but didn't see him.

'What?' I asked. She huffed.

'Talk to him through me.' Ebony said. Before I could say anything, I felt someone else probing my brain.

'Hello?' I asked. They were quiet for a minute until they finally spoke.

'Erin? You sound way more different in here.' A masculine voice sounded. My eyebrows creased even more.

'Who is this?' I asked. The intruders were still in the front, whispering.

'It's me, Sam. I wish I could just chat with you, but there are some people in here looking for you.' He said, growling.

'Where are you?' I asked.

'In the kitchen, trying my best to act casual.' He answered. I nodded, looking at the door. Footsteps sounded down the hall, causing me to look around.

'Crap! They're coming.' I said.

They stopped behind the door, slowly twisting the knob.

I looked around for a weapon. I decided on picking up the lamp. I stood behind the door, waiting for them to open it.

When they opened the door, I smashed the lamp down on his head. He groaned and fell to the floor. I jumped over his body, running out of the room.

I entered the kitchen, seeing another man. He had his back turned to me. I made my way to the kitchen, seeing Sam giving me a look.

I grabbed a knife, inching my way to the man. I jumped in the air, the knife making a whoosh sound. He moved in time to catch my arm. He twisted it behind my back, but I pushed forward, getting out of his hold.

I turned around and punched him in his stomach, causing him to stumble back.

"You will pay! Who are you?! What do you want?!" I yelled, hitting him repeatedly. He tried to block my hits, but he was doing a poor job.

"Stop! Erin!" He said, causing me to pause. I stepped back, switching on the lights.

"Calleb! What are you doing here?" I asked, walking back up to him.

"I came by to see Mark. Instead, I'm assaulted by a sweet mixed girl." He groaned out. I smiled at him.

"Awe. I didn't hit you that hard." I said, chuckling. He smiled at me.

"Anyway, where's Mark?" He asked, causing me to raise a brow.

"Why would you come to see Mark here?" I asked. Before he could answer, a voice sounded behind me.

"Because we needed to talk."

Hey readers! Hope you like the new book cover! Comment, Vote, and Share. Bye.

-lilchay13