¤Chapter 61¤

Xavier's POV

I watched Erin as she ran into the woods. Vance smirked at me.

"Well, have a good day." He said, walking off. I glared at him, turning around and heading back to the pack.

All of her emotions were coursing through my veins. My wolf whimpered slightly.

'You shouldn't have said that.' Aiden said. I growled at him.

'She betrayed us. She didn't tell us about this attack.' I growled out.

'Remember when you didn't tell her about her heritage? Remember she had to go to another man for information because we wouldn't tell her?' He asked. I sighed.

'That's different.' I said.

'It's exactly the same. She felt betrayed by you. Now, you feel betrayed.' Aiden said.

'And you don't?' I asked, growling.

'No. I just want to spend time with my mate before it's too late.' He said. I sighed and rubbed my head.

'I do too, Aiden. It's just that-' My sentence was cut off from the feeling of pain going through my body.

I fell to the ground, pain invading my stomach and side.

"Erin," I whispered. She's in pain. I have to get to her.

I stood up and ran the way she went. I pushed my legs harder, getting ready to jump.

I growled and jumped over the drop, shifting. I dropped to the ground on all fours and sprinted to Erin. I sniffed the air, smelling her scent.

'Erin! Where are you?' I questioned through the link. She didn't answer me.

'Baby, answer me! Please!' I whimpered.

I made it to the rode and smelled her scent in a particular spot. I sniffed and looked up, seeing a car driving away.

I growled and ran towards it. The car started to pick up speed. I sniffed the air, smelling Erin's scent coming from the car.

'Wake up, Erin!' I yelled. I was met with silence.

"You're not getting her back this time, pretty boy." A female voice said.

The car lurched forward, picking up more speed. I growled and tried to push my legs harder. I got to the side of the car, but I couldn't see the driver.

'Erin!' I shouted in the link.

I looked around the car, trying to find a way to stop it. I lashed out at the tire, hoping I could make it flat.

Instead, my claws scratched the side of the car. I growled and aimed for it again, but was caught off guard when the car swerved into me. I fell to the side, rolling.

Once I stopped rolling, I looked up and saw a white sheet of paper floating through the sky.

I stood up and grabbed it with my teeth. I sat it on the ground and read it.

Don't worry. I'll take care of her.

I growled and looked up, the car gone. I sniffed the air, but only smelled a rotting smell.

I sneezed, covering my nose with my paw. They must have dropped something out the window to throw off my smell.

'Luke.' I said through the link. My voice was void of any emotion.

'Yes, Alpha?' He asked.

'Gather the fighters and call Edward Woods. We're going to war.'

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Does everyone understand?" I asked, looking at everyone. Some of them flinched under my gaze while others looked away.

"Yes, Alpha." They chorused. I waved them off and they started getting into the cars.

"Alpha Xavier." I looked back and saw Walter and Elana.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to cover up the disgust in my tone. I never thought I would be teaming up with vampires. I guess the Moon Goddess has a way of bringing people together.

"We wanted to let you know that we will get her back by any means necessary," Walter said. I nodded at him.

"I'm glad to hear it, Walter. Report to your cars. It's time to go." I said. He nodded and walked to the cars.

"Hey," Elana said. I gave her a curious look. She sighed.

"She's going to be okay. She's tough." She said. My lips twitched a little.

"I know," I whispered. She jogged over to the car and got in. I sighed, closing my eyes.

'Erin. If you can hear, I need you to be strong for me. We'll be there soon, but that doesn't mean go weak. It just means be even stronger. I know you can do it. I believe in you and so does my... our pack. Stay strong for me, my little warrior.' I said through our mind-link.

Opening my eyes, I saw all of her friends standing in front of me. My eyes almost popped out of my sockets when I saw John.

"You sure you can fight, pup?" I asked, the memory of him yelling floating in my head. His face was stone hard as he nodded.

"Yes, Alpha. She saved my life and this is how I'm going to repay it." He said before starting to walk off. Kayla began to walk behind him.

"I thought you didn't fight, Kayla," I said, causing her to stop. She looked back at me.

"Erin once told me something that got me thinking. She said, 'How can you know what you're capable of if you don't embrace the unknown?'." She said with a look of determination and sadness welling up in her eyes.

"I didn't understand at first, but now I do. I know I've never gone to fight in a battle before, but I am now. I'm going to see what I'm capable of when I rescue our Luna." She said, fully turned back towards me. Elliott gave her a squeeze on her shoulders, causing her to smile at him.

"Well, that sound just like Erin," I mumbled.

She used to always give me advice when I needed it. Now, she's passing advice through our pack. My wolf growled and stood tall, causing my stance to seem taller.

"I'm glad you're here. Now, let's go get our Luna back." I said, walking to my car. I got in the driver's seat and turned on the car.

"Ready?" I turned towards Edward then looked ahead at the ten trackers I had in wolf form. I put the car in gear and growled.

"I'm always ready."