0.0

The air outside was freezing and blowing in every direction. Alice walked fast as blue strands of hair hit her in the face repeatedly. She groaned and tucked the shoulder length strands into her beanie and walked faster. She looked around for a restaurant. She was starving and cold and just wanted to sit down. She saw a small sign with a cute coffee cup painted on it. Perfect. She hadn't slept well and needed a pick up.

She walked into the coffee shop and the little bell dinged when the door opened and closed behind her. Two boys were standing around the counter and Alice felt her face heat up automatically. She was never not awkward around guys. Especially cute guys. She took off her beanie and shook her hair out. She grabbed half of her hair and tied it up into a small bun while she looked at what was on the menu.

Calum watched Alice while trying to listen to Luke's story about how he dropped a mug or something. He wasn't paying attention honestly. It had been a slow day and Alice had been the only person under the age of 60 that had come in.

"And then I ate the mug." Luke said and Calum nodded.

"Oh yeah? That's so cool man." Calum said absentmindedly.

"You're not even listening. You're too busy looking at that girl." Luke turned to where Calum was looking. "She's cute, I'll give you that."

"Shut up, Luke." Calum rolled his eyes and stationed himself at the cash register while Alice kept looking at the menu and fiddling with her keys. They're staring, Alice thought as she tried not to make eye contact with them. She hadn't decided what she wanted yet. If only I knew more about coffee.

"Blue hair." Luke commented.

"What about it?" Calum asked defensively. Blue hair suited her.

"I dunno. She seems more like Michael's type. He'd piss himself over her."

"Just because someone dyes their hair doesn't mean they'll be instantly compatible." Calum said while trying not to seem slightly upset. Luke never has any faith in me. Luke was about to respond when Alice started making her way up to the counter. He shut his mouth when she walked up and gave her a smile. Alice smiled back and her heartbeat quickened. They're so cute. Why are they so cute? Luke gave Calum a look and then waited over by the coffee station to make whatever Alice ordered. Calum smiled at Alice who's face was pink from both the cold outside and the fact that she was in Calum and Luke's presence.

"Hi, what can I get you today?" Calum said cheerfully.

"Um, I would like a medium iced coffee with a lemon loaf please?" Alice said a little nervously, wondering if she was doing something wrong with her order. She scanned him out of habit and read his name tag which said Calum in neat cursive.

"Alright. What's your name?" Calum asked as he pulled out the medium cup and a marker. Alice widened her eyes.

"My name?" She questioned, coming off slightly nervous. Calum gave a nervous chuckle as well.

"Yeah, uh. It's for the cup for order purposes." Calum smiled at her as she gave a small gasp and turned pinker.

"Oh! Of course yeah." Alice said while flustered. He must think I'm an idiot, Alice thought while she fiddled with her keys some more. She's so cute, Calum thought and tried to keep his fonding to a minimum. "It's Alice."

"Like Alice in Wonderland?" Alice nodded. "I like it. I don't know many Alice's. I mean, I know an Alicia. Or is it Aisha? I don't remember. But I don't think it was Alice." Calum rambled on while Luke watched amusedly. Luke gave out a small laugh on accident and Calum turned to him and glared. "Sorry, anyways. We'll have your order out in a minute Alice." She gave him a smile and payed for her food before going to sit at a small table for two. The only other customers were an old couple on the other side of the shop.