Chapter 2: Purebloods and Houses

Its a little short, sorry :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First years here, First years here!"  

Nathan and his new friends Tom and Max headed towards the voice. It was extremely foggy, and they could barely see each other, let alone th eperson speaking.

When they finally saw the speaker, they stopped in surprise. He was huge! At least 8 feet tall, and 4 feet wide.  

"Alright, have I got everyone?" The huge man yelled, "My name's Kevin, y'all can call me Big Kev, I'll be taking you to the castle, follow along now, don't want anyone getting lost on their first day now do we?"

Nathan immediately like Big Kev, he was friendly, and didn't seem to care at all what people thought.

"Everyone partner up and find a boat!" Big Kev yelled. 

Tom and Max immediately partnered up, leaving Nathan alone. Unsure what to do Nathan started wandering around looking for a parter.

Just when he was about to give up, a voice behind him asked, "Do you want to be partners?" 

Nathan turned around to see a tall boy standing behind him, the boy reminded him of a rat, with a mop of hair across his forehead. He had dark green eyes, and looked like he was smelling something bad.

"I'm Louis, Louis Tomlinson." the boy introduced himself.  

"Umm Nathan," Nathan replied as the pair got into a boat and started rowing to the castle. 

"So what house do you think you'll be in? I'm in Slytherin for sure, my entire family was in Slytherin, we're all purebloods." 

Even though Louis had asked him a question, Nathan couldn't get a single word in, Louis wouldn't stop talking.  

It was only when they reach shore did Louis stop, and it was only because he had seen Max and Tom walking towards them. 

"Well look who it is, Tom Parker and Max George," Louis sneered, "I'd stay from them Nathan, the Parkers and Georges have no sense of wizarding pride." 

Nathan at this point was slightly annoyed, who was this guy to insult his friends like that! 

"I can manage on my own and choose my own friends thank you very much," Nathan replied coldly, suprised at his own confidence.  

Louis smirked at them, then walked off towards the castle.  

Tom looked like he was going to go after Louis, but Max grabbed him and held on.  

"Just let it go Tom," Max said, "Come on we've got a feast to go too and houses to be sorted into." 

Max saw that Nathan looked confused, so he quickly explained, 

"Hogwarts has 4 houses, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, each one has their own characteristics. They're named after the founders of Hogwarts, Helga Hufflepuff, Goric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. First years are sorted into each one, and that where they'll stay for all seven years of their magic education." 

Nathan nodded to show that he understood, "Louis mentioned something about being a Pureblood, whats that?"

Tom snorted, "That rat, purebloods is a term for people with magical parents, like they have all magical blood y'know? It's stupid, there are muggle-borns who can do better magic than most purebloods can ever dream off."

Nathan though about this as he followed Max and Tom into the castle.