Chapter 5: Showing Off

Right ok so this part is from Jays point of view, if you find it confusing please tell me. :)  

---------------------------------------------

Siva and I headed towards the fields. First-years had a mandatory flight lesson, we were taught how to use brooms and play quidditch. Since I came from a wizarding family, I was using broomsticks before I could even walk, and I was hoping to make the quidditch team this year.

I was lucky that the Ravenclaw girl, Caroline, was in my class, maybe I could impress her with my flying skills. With my luck though, she'd probably be even better than I was.

"Quidditch World Cup is next year, think you're gonna go?" Siva asks me in his quiet Irish drawl.

"Mate I want to, but tickets are expensive as hell, I want to see Ireland's butt get kicked though." I said laughing.

Siva punches me in the shoulder and says, "You know Ireland's going to win."

Just then I saw the Ravenclaws heading down the field towards us. Caroline was walking with a friend, who I admit was really pretty, but nowhere near Caroline's level.

They stopped a couple feet to the right of me and Siva. Caroline had her back to me.

"Its now or never." I say to Siva as I grab a broom and walk over.

"So you girls any good with riding a broom?" I ask the girls.

Caroline turns around, and suddenly I'm looking at a pair of the most gorgeous eyes ever. They were a deep green colour, and had a playful feel to them.

She laughs and says "Michelle is amazing at flying with a broomstick, I on the other hand can barely walk without tripping, but I am good at riding another type of broom."

She then winks at me, I grinned, I definitely got lucky with this one!

"Well maybe I can help with that, how about I give you some flying lessons and you give me some lessons on riding that other broomstick you were talking about." I tease her. 

Caroline snorts, which usually isn't attractive, but on her it was adorable.

"I do have standards you know, the broomsticks have to be a certain si-"

I cut her off by lifting my shirt to show her my toned six-pack.

She smiles, "Looking pale," she says.

I mentally kick myself, I really should work on my tan.

"All right, how do I know your any good at flying hmm?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I would show you now, but how will I know you'll keep your word about later hmm?" I ask teasingly.

Caroline reached into her bag and took out a scrap of paper, she then scribbled something onto it, folded it and slid it into my back pocket.

Her hands came so close, and my entire body groaned, I wanted to touch her.

I knew she had noticed my reaction, because she laughed and stepped back.

"Its my number, and just because I'm nice," She kisses me on the cheek, "Here's one for good luck."

I winked at her, hopped onto my broom ready to show off.

Just as I was really getting into it, I had just come out of a 50- feet dive, I saw Madame Eurell come out the front doors.

"JAMES MCGUINESS!" She shrieked. "YOU COME HERE THIS INSTANT."

I landed and followed her into the classroom, I could hear Louis and his friends snickering behind me.

-------------------------------------------------------/----------------------------------------------------

Back to Narrator's POV :)

Nathan looked around, where was Jay? Siva had told them what had happened but it couldn't have been that bad, its not like Jay hurt anyone. 

"Missing your friend? Hes probably already on the train home already." Louis said from behind Nathan. 

"You're just jealous he's a better flier then you'll ever be!" Tom snapped in return.

"Talking about me?" 

They all turned around to see Jay standing there. 

Louis scowled and walked away. 

"Who're those guys he was with?" Nathan asked.

"The one with curly hair is Liam and the one that has the blond stripe going on is Zayn, they're both from Slytherin." Siva explains

"So mate, spill what happened?" Max asks, turning to Jay.

"Well... Madame Eurells said not once in her 30 years has any first-year ever done that, and," Jay paused dramatically, "I"M ON THE QUIDDITCH TEAM! Seeker for Slytherin." 

"NO WAY MATE!" Tom exclaimed, then clapped Jay on the back. 

The other boys all took turns congratulating Jay.

"Thats not it either, guess who's getting lucky tonight?" Jay pulls out the piece of paper Caroline gave him, then turns to Max. "How'd it go for you?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm almost definitely getting lucky tonight." Max says, laughing.

"No way! We could totally have a foursome!" Jay grins and winks.

"No thanks, I don't want to scare her off already." Max teases. 

The five of them burst out laughing and sit down to eat. 

--------------------------------------------------/----------------------------------------------

'Baby you a song, you make me wanna roll my windows down"

That song's stuck in my head ugh, lmao, don't forget to vote, comment, fan :)