Draco's Man Diary

(Emily's pov) 

I walked back to our compartment to find it empty.I looked around before opening the journal on a random page. He obviously hadn't been using it for a long time because most of the pages were blank.I found the first page and opened it.

'It's going to happen tomorrow.I'm going to make father proud'

That was all it said and I flipped a couple of more pages.

'August 1st, 

Viola showed up today.She was in a panicked state.She was disowned and she told me she was staying with Emily and Lupin.I'm glad they didn't see her.She would have got hurt'

They?August 1st?That was the day I went to Diagon Alley with Tonks and Viola told me she had to go somewhere.I guess I just found our where she was.I flipped the page and there was a picture of what looked like a wardrobe and handwritten notes all around it but they didn't look like any language I understood.

"What are you doing looking at Ancient Runes?"A voice asked from behind me and I jumped.Viola looked at the sheet confused.I forgot she did Ancient Runes.

"What does it say?"I asked and she looked over the page before frowning.

"Something about repairing and vanishing.There's also a couple of very complicated charms that you don't even learn in school"She said,before looking turning the page.

"These are instructions.They're 

labelled but I don't understand them" Viola said before sitting down.

"What do you need them for anyway?" she asked and I shrugged.

"I broke one of the Prince family Heirlooms"I lied.Prince was the second name of my grandmother...I think.Viola shrugged and the train lurched to a stop.We walked out into the packed halls and it felt like hours before we reached the exit.

"Where's Cece?"I asked.

"With Seamus I guess"she replied and we got into the nearest carriage.Ginny jumped in just in time along with Dean.

"Hi"She said cheerfully and we sat I'm silence for awhile.

"So,what did you think of Slughorn?"I asked and Ginny made a face.

"I don't like him.He's such a...walrus" She said with a laugh.I didn't like him at all.He is a stupid walrus.

We reached the Great Hall and Hermione and Ron ran up to us.

"Have you seen Harry?He's not here" Hermione said,looking frantically around the packed hall.

"We were in one of last carriages and I didn't see him"I replied.If he was lost it wasn't my problem.He's probably wearing a Black Heirloom.Wait until Granny hears about this!

We walked into the Great Hall and Viola sighed before going over to the Slytherin table.I'm honestly surprised that she didn't sit with us.I saw Cece and I sat down with her.I then notice that Hagrid isn't there.Maybe he's with Harry?

The sorting hat sings about us all uniting like last year and the first years are sorted.While I was eating dinner Sev left the hall and I resisted the urge to glare at him.About five minutes later he returned with Harry,who had blood on his face and was in his muggle clothes.Everyone whispered and before I knew it,dinner was over and Dumbledore stood up.

"The very best of evenings to you!" he said, smiling broadly, his arms opened wide as though to embrace the whole room. His right hand was blackened and dead-looking and many people gasped.It looked like a horrible dark curse but I stayed silent as Seamus whispered to Cece.

"Nothing to worry about," he said airily. "Now ... to our new students, welcome, to our old students, welcome back! Another year full of magical education awaits you... "

"... and Mr. Filch, our caretaker, has asked me to say that there is a blanket ban on any joke items bought at the shop called Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes"Awh I can't sell my wonderful love potions.I'm sure half of the girls in the school would love them.

"Those wishing to play for their House Quidditch teams should give their names to their Heads of House as usual. We are also looking for new Quidditch commentators, who should do likewise".I decided that I was going to try out again this year.I actually enjoyed playing the sport and hopefully we'll have a better team this year.

"We are pleased to welcome a new member of staff this year. Professor Slughorn." Slughorn stood up, his bald head gleaming in the candlelight, his big waistcoated belly casting the table into shadow, "is a former colleague of mine who has agreed to resume his old post of Potions master."

"Potions?"

"Potions?"

The word echoed all over the Hall as people wondered whether they had heard right.I looked at Sev in shock and he had a triumphant smirk on his face.I realised it before Dumbledore said it.Sev was going to be the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.The Slytherins clapped and I heard Harry shout 'no'.I clenched my jaw.I might not like Sev at the moment but still, he's family.

"That job's jinxed. No ones lasted more than a year... Quirrell actually died doing it... Personally, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for another death... "Harry said loudly and my head snapped around.

"I would stop talking now Potter before you get another scar"I hissed but he heard me and glared at me.I instinctively pulled at my robes by my wrist.I would prefer it on my head because I could use my metamorphmagus abilities to vanish it.

"Now, as everybody in this Hall knows, Lord Voldemort and his followers are once more at large and gaining in strength."Dumbledore continued and I noticed Draco make his fork hover from across the room.I probably have to give him his man diary back.

"I cannot emphasize strongly enough how dangerous the present situation is, and how much care each of us at Hogwarts must take to ensure that we remain safe. The castle's magical fortifications have been strengthened over the summer, we are protected in new and more powerful ways, but we must still guard scrupulously against carelessness on the part of any student or member of staff. I urge you, therefore, to abide by any security restrictions that you teachers might impose upon you, however irksome you might find them-in particular, the rule that you are not to be out of bed after hours. I implore you, should you notice anything strange or suspicious within or outside the castle, to report it to a member of staff immediately. I trust you to conduct yourselves, always, with the utmost regard for your own and others' safety."Everyone was looking worriedly around,their faces pale.

"But now, your beds await, as warm and comfortable as you could possibly wish, and I know that your top priority is to be well-rested for your lessons tomorrow. Let us therefore say good night. Pip pip!"

People rushed for the exits but I stayed behind.I took the journal out of my pocket and I walked across the hall to where Draco was.I was magically shrunk and I bumped straight into Draco and I dropped it into his pocket,it was small but noticeable.

"What the hell Emily?"he snapped and I shrugged.

"Sorry"I replied before walking away to Cece who was waiting at the door.

"What was that about?"she asked.

"Nothing"I replied but all I could think about was that wardrobe and who 'they' were. 

--------------------------------------------- 

A/N I would like to thank 'sweetmaggie' and 'skittlesfalling' for fanning me.It means so much.