The Minister for Magic

(Emily's pov) 

A few days after New Years we had to return to the school.For a moment I thought Remus was never going to let me go but he did.I hugged Fred and George and everyone else before stepping into the fire.

"Hogwarts"I shouted,dropping the power.I expected to come out in McGonagall's office but I had gone too far and I landed in Sev's with a thump.I really didn't like floo.

"This is the Slytherin's entrance not the Gryffindor's"Sev snapped,not even looking at me and I stood up,making sure to get as much ash as possible on his previously clean office floor.

"I went too far.You know I don't like Floo"I snapped back.I hadn't gotten any Christmas present from him and I definitely wasn't in the mood for another fight.

"I know a lot of things about you"he replied calmly and I knew it was to get at my nerves,to remind me that he's hiding information from me.

"Right.I'm leaving"I said,walking away but he stopped me.

"Sir"he hissed and I smirked at him and for the first time in awhile my eyes automatically turned purple.

"There's no need to call me sir professor"I said,repeating Harry's words before I calmly walked out before sprinting down the corridor.

"Abstinence"Cece said from behind me when I groaned frustratedly at the Fat Lady.She grinned at me before hugging me and she told me all about her holidays. Parvati smiled at me from across the room. Its amazingly cruel how friendship just breaks down but I promised that after the war we'll be friends and I'll just have to wait until then.

"Oh Merlin,look at that!"Cece exclaimed, pointing to the notice board.Most sixth year Gruffindors were surrounding it and I had to step on my tiptoes to see over Hermione's bushy hair.

APPARITION LESSONS

If you are seventeen years of age, or will turn seventeen on or before the 31st August next, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition instructor.

Please sign below if you would like to participate.

Cost: 12 Galleons.

"I guess you don't need it"Cece said with a smile and I shrugged.

"It might be fun and I'll get to show off.Plus it would be suspicious if I was the only sixth year not doing it"I commented and she nodded.

Everyone was all so excited for the lessons.I don't understand why,the first time you will most likely puke all over the place(I certainly did) and it isn't a pleasant experience.I'm only used to it now,it's like waking up for me.

"How cool will it be when we can just" Seamus clicked his ringers to indicate disappearance. "Me cousin Fergus does it just to annoy me, you wait till I can do it back... he'll never have another peaceful moment..."

Lost in visions of this happy prospect, he flicked his wand a little too enthusiastically, so that instead of producing the fountain of pure water that was the object of today's Charms lesson, he let out a hoselike jet that ricocheted off the ceiling and knocked Professor Flitwick flat on his face.

Flitwick gave Seamus lines("I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick.")  

and Cece seemed to find it hilarious.After the bell rang she left the classroom with a large grin on her face.

"Come on my little baboon brandishing a stick"she mocked him with a smirk on her face and they ran off.

"How he got into NEWT charms I don't know"Viola commented behind me and I nodded.