two.

harry wraps his arms around louis, pulling him close and hugging him tight. he breathes in his scent, smiling softly at the familiar smell of the smaller man. the wind is nipping at his neck, but he doesn't care. he just lets out a breath, rocking side to side as louis' arms snake around his waist.

"i should've called five years ago, i'm so so sorry," he sighs, pulling away. after getting a clear look of his face, the one he hasn't seen in person for a long time, he grins. "you're so small it's killing me," he sighs.

louis stammers, "uh, is that a bad thing? m'not that short, idiot," he defends.

harry just shakes his head, looking down on the man, "you are, but i love it. it's perfect," he says. then he stares at louis for a second, and the other man can't help but feel a bit self conscious. it's harry styles. former friends or not he'll always give louis some sort of nerves.

his hair is so much longer than it used to be. everything is different and puberty definitely did him very well. he's seen way too many pictures of him over the years, but seeing him in person is so much different. it makes him want to cry over how different he looks.

harry on the other hand almost does get tears in his eyes. louis is so fucking attractive. not only is he hot but he's so cute and small and he wants to just take him home and cuddle him forever. he's so much shorter than him, since five years ago he was the taller of the two. his voice is still high pitched but has a deeper sound to it. his thighs are thick and perfect and his arse is amazing and his hair and his eyes and his smile and everything about louis is just so so fantastic and harry has to hold himself back from freaking over him. it's not usually that way but with this boy everything seems to just change.

"how beautiful can you get?" harry shakes his head.

louis blushes madly, his cheeks going pink, "i uh.. i didn't think you were gay. cause like, the uhm taylor-"

"oh god no. she was just a publicity stunt. we don't do those anymore, though. never liked it," he shakes his head, "i'm bisexual. though i prefer men rather than women," he has a smirk on his face, and gestures for louis to lead him into the building. it's only a coffee shop on the corner of the block. not very popular, but it doesn't matter since it's only the two of them.

"so then you haven't been with anyone in the past five years?" louis asks amused.

harry tilts his head, "not since you," he says, his voice soft. he brought up a topic that hadn't been brought up ever. not with his band mates, or his sister, or his mum or anyone. no interviews or shows. only his cat dusty on a late night back a couple of months after it happened.

louis bites his lip, his cheeks blushing as he looks down at the table.

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

louis had tears in his eyes, gathering his things from the house. he zipped up his bag, his fingers shaking a bit as he shoved his phone into his pocket. he let out a bit sigh, crying out silently as he wiped at his face with his palms.

the door busted open, and a short curly haired sixteen year old burst through. his eyes were wide, and he was breathing hard. "i just... i just ran, took a cab. as soon as.. as i could," he said. louis bit the inside of his cheek, giving the boy a sad smile.

"i- uh, i'm leaving soon. got a car coming in ten," he told harry, letting his arms fall to his sides.

harry knew it was true. he knew louis was leaving and he didn't want to believe it but it was happening.

he let his eyes tear up as he launched himself forward. his arms wrapped around louis' larger body and squeezed him so so tight. he didn't want to let go of his new best friend and crush of so long.

louis pulled away, and took a quick glance at harry's face before pressing his lips to the younger boys. he cupped his face, and he was wishing so hard that it wasn't going to ruin things between them. but harry kissed back. god, he kissed back so quickly and louis was so relieved that he laughed into the kiss, and pecked his lips a various amount of times.

harry pulled away, and louis tilted his head, "you're going to become so so famous harry styles. i'm going to go to uni and make a living and i don't want you to worry about me. everyone's going to love you, you little curly haired freak," he chuckled sadly.

harry's lip wobbled. they were suppose to be in this together. they were suppose to be put into that band together and louis was leaving. "i'm so sorry," he whispered, "you were suppose to stay," he told louis, his voice small and his throat dry.

but louis didn't know what to say. so he just hugged him again. tighter than before.

"i still feel awful," harry sighs, "i'm trying not to think about it but you were suppose to be there with me and at the top of the world with us. i haven't stopped thinking about you since you left, you know," he gulps, "you never called me- a-and i know i could've called you too, but you didn't call either," he looks down.

louis bites his lip. he doesn't have a good explanation. it's shit. "i know," he mumbles, "i should've, and i could've so many times. i just thought i would get in the way of you and the show. i felt like i'd be annoying," he admits.

harry doesn't mind, though. he likes the confession. it's not the best reason, but it's better than he deleted his number, or that he didn't like him anymore.

"i had the same reason for you with school and uni and all," he says a bit awkwardly, "but can we kind of, like, start over? like not uhm.. not all the way, cause i don't want to forget what we had, uh but uhm, like-"

"i know what you're trying to say," louis smiles. and then his phone lights up with a reminder. and he frowns really hard, because he knew that this had to be a short meet up with harry due to his mum with his nan in the hospital and him having to help out and pick up his little sisters from school for her. especially since his students were off almost the whole week due to the snow.

"i have to go," he tells harry, eyes sorrowful at the younger boy. he stands up, shoving his phone into his pocket and pulling his jacket back on.

"wait, what?" harry stands, and when louis takes a few steps away from him towards the door he frantically grabs his wrist. louis spins around and harry pushes his lips onto the shorter mans.

louis gasps into harry's lips, his hands on his chest with one being held. he kisses back though, moving his lips with harry's and letting himself get lost in it. he hasn't had a boyfriend in so so long. the one guy that stan tried setting him up with didn't work, since he left the date early due to not being able to get over harry. but now he's back, and his lips are so much softer and smooth and experienced, and louis just wants to kiss him all day, slow and sweet like they are. but they're both loosing breath, and harry has to pull away, breathing hard just like louis is.

"i'm sorry if i did something wrong, just, please don't go," he tells louis, keeping his face close.

louis grins, "i only have to pick up my sisters from school. my mum isn't able to," he wants to giggle, because harry thought he was leaving because of him. it shows him that if he really was leaving harry that harry still feels the same. "but i'll make sure to keep in touch this time. i'm free all this week except for thursday and all next week after three," he speaks softly, smiling so so big.

harry lets out a breath, and chuckles, "okay, good. not letting you get away this time," he beams down at louis before giving him one more lingering kiss.

louis scrunches his nose in admiration as he leaves, calling out to harry from the cafe doorway. "i'm a high school teacher by the way, superstar!" he waves.

harry just grins. waving in response. and wow he thinks. wowowow. because he really can't let louis get away this time.