eight

i'm SO sorry for the long wait. life happens. here ya go!

-

it's all over the press.

no one knows the real story, of course, but the fact that both harry styles and his boyfriend have bands on their ring fingers is known to the whole world within three days.

jay is the first person they meet up with to tell, considering she also lives the closest between the two. to say she's shocked isn't even the truth.

"so last night-"

"technically this morning," louis shoots him a look, and sighs.

"okay, this morning, harry and i kind of did something unexpected and potentially stupid if it doesn't go well," he brings his hand from his lap and places it in front of her on the table.

she looks at it, and after a second gasps, "are you serious?!" harry nods. "oh god! oh, honey i'm so happy for you!" tight hugs are given out, and after sitting back down she takes a look at harry's band as well. "they're both so beautiful," she coos. "oh boys, this wedding is going to be amazing. i can't wait to meet up with anne- we were surprised you didn't get married when you were back on the xfactor!" she jokes.

louis purses his lips, "uhm... so we may have to some degree already gotten married... not just engaged," he hopes she won't kill him for not having a proper ceremony, but it's debatable.

he lives after all. with a promise to have a wedding anyway.

-

louis knows who james corden is. his mum once worked on some kid thing for his show a lifetime ago, and they'd chatted a few times back when he was on the xfactor as well. but the thing is that harry's extremely close friends with him. close enough that he's the only one he trusts with handling him and louis first coming out about their marriage.

the problem? louis hasn't been on any type of show for five years. not to mention an interview. but he does it anyway for harry's sake.

"you know i love you," harry kisses his temple. "you'll be fine. there's an audience but it's not live. and james already knows what buttons to press or not. he's got us set."

louis sighs, "you better be right," before he's even done speaking they're being called on.

the lights are blinding for a second, and the crowd is overwhelming for this kind of thing, but he takes a few deep breaths and follows harry's lead.

they all greet each other, and just from that louis even feels both welcomed and overwhelmed already. james shakes his head as they sit. "harry edward styles," he raises his eyebrows. "is that it? or is it something else?"

"oh shut up," he laughs.

louis bites the inside of his cheek as james talks, "as we know, harry styles here has been keeping secrets. not a big surprise that he's gay- we all knew that," louis snorts. "it's been rumored, boys, that you are engaged... thoughts?"

harry squeezes his hand, and louis speaks up, "yeah yeah, uh, actually," he holds up their intertwined hands. "we got married at 5am," harry giggles. "it's quite a sudden thing really," he's interrupted by plenty of james' what's and i cannot believe this. louis laughs with his hand over his mouth, "we'd kind of been unofficially together back on the xfactor, but after i got booted we just... we didn't talk-"