Chapter 6: Good

I jumped right out of Jared’s arms. I ran and closed the door and locked it. “Wha-“ I put my finger to my mouth to tell him to be quiet. Jared got up from the bed and grabbed me and we went into the bathroom. I didn’t even care that my razor blade was right there on the counter with blood on it, I just wanted to hide. We jumped into my bathtub, pulled the curtain, and laid down. Then I could hear the banging coming from my door. I didn’t close the bathroom door because I didn’t want it look obvious that we were hiding in there.

                I heard a break and I knew that Josh had made his way inside my room. I let out a small sigh and then Jared put his hand over my mouth so I wouldn’t make any more noise. I looked at Jared and I knew he could tell, just by look in my eyes, that I was scared to death. Then I heard someone walking in my bathroom. My heart beat was beating so fast I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest. I looked at Jared and by looking at his eyes I knew that everything would be ok. “God damn it! Where is that bitch?!”He said with venom. I could feel a tear go down my face. My world will never be normal. Then I heard footsteps walking out of my bathroom and room.

                Jared moved his hand away from my mouth. I let out a sigh of relief. I heard the front door slam shut and then I heard his 2010 Camaro start and leave. I jumped out of the bathtub and looked out the window and saw that his car was nowhere to be found. I realized my body was shaking when Jared put his hands on my shoulder to try to calm me down. I actually think he might kill me this time. Jared pulled me into a hug. I just need to get away. Maybe I could run away. But that won’t do any good because I would be homeless. There is so many maybe’s but all of them seem worse than just living here.

                “Alice I think we should leave before your brother comes back.” I heard Jared say. I nodded my head and we walked down the stairs and went out the front door. We got into Jared’s nice mustang. It had leather seats. Mmm. I love leather seats I don’t know why I just love them.  Jared drove down the drive way and was taking me into town. I wonder what he has planned. “So where are you taking me?” I said with a curious look. Jared turned to me and smiled and looked back at the road. Grr. “It’s a surprise and I know that you’ll love it.” He said smiling. Yay! I love surprises. He turned on Maple street and parked in front of my favorite ice cream parlor. Lord’s. I just love this place. I squealed and jumped out of the car.

                “I knew you would love it.” Jared said then put his arm around my shoulder. We walked in and I looked at the place in awe. I love this place. It looks just like the 50’s style of an ice cream parlor. I walked up to the register. “How may I help you honey bunch?” The elderly women behind the register say. “Umm yeah can I get a hot fudge sundae with no nuts and instead of one cherry can I get two?” I said with a smile. “Sure. Now what do you want darling?” she asked Jared.  “I’ll take the same.” He said with a smile.

We sat down in a nice red booth. I love this place. I actually liked to hang out with Jared. He made me happy. “Here you go kids.” The nice lady said. She put mine in front of me. My mouth started to water. I dug into the creamy and chocolate ice cream. I looked up and Jared was smiling at me. “Umm Alice you have some fudge on your nose.” He said while leaning towards me. I thought he was going to get it off with his finger but he licked my nose. Ewww. “Jared gross. Why would do that!” I said wiping my nose off.  “I don’t know I was hungry.” He said. I giggled. “So after we eat here do you want to grab some movies and hang at my place?” He said. I nodded I knew this day was going to be good day.