Chapter 5: Happiness

I ran after Jared. I saw where he was going. He was going to gym and I know that, that’s where Josh is. I can’t deal all of this carp anymore.  From a distance I could hear something fall. I pushed my feet harder and I finally reached the gym. I gasped in shock I saw Jared on the floor with blood gushing out of his nose and mouth. This brought tears to my eyes. I looked at Josh this is ridiculous this caused more hatred for me. A smile quickly came upon my face when I saw that Jared had a cut lip. I think I might be starting to like Jared. He is my true savior. I snapped out my thought when I heard a crack. I ran to Jared who was now screaming in pain. I went to protect Jared but then I felt pain in my leg and then I hit the ground. I tried to move to Jared but I wouldn’t budge.

                Thankful right when Josh was going to kill Jared and I, I saw Brian run up and knock out Josh out. I was so thankful for this. I finally got up but in a limp. I turned and saw Jared lying on the floor. I limped over to him and kneeled down to him. “Jared you idiot why did you do that?” I said while pushing some of the hair out of his. “Because I-I…” He said and then passed out. “Jared! Jared! Wake up!” I screamed while trying to shake him up. “Watch out Alice we need to take him to the hospital.” I heard Brian say. I sighed and nodded. Brian picked up Jared and I helped a very little.

                We got to the hospital and Jared was in his room. The doctors said that he had a bruised rib, a broken nose (which they have fixed), bruises around his body, and a cut lip. He a such a stupidly cute boy. I sighed and looked at the clock it was already 9:00. I told Brian that I was going home. “Wait Alice can I talk to you before you leave?” Brian said. “Yeah sure Brian. What do you want to talk about?” I asked. “Umm. . . You know the test? So what was the result?” He said anxiously. “Oh the test it was positive. I can’t have a baby Brian but I already love her or him.” I said with a tear rolling down my face. Brian pulled me into a hug. “Don’t worry. Me and Jared will help you through this.” I smiled and started walking home.

                When I got home the devil was waiting for me. I opened the door and walked up the stairs right before I reached the last step I got pulled down and I fell and was dragged back down the stairs. I cried out in pain. He is hurting me and my baby. Why does he have to do this to me? He pulled me all the back down to the living room. He grabbed my arm and threw me onto the couch. “So you got your little boyfriend to beat me up? Well you’re going to be paying for it!” he said venomously while slapping me across the face. “I also heard that you were pregnant but that won’t be a problem because I know what to do!” he said while going into the kitchen. I ran away quickly and ran up the stairs. I locked my door and then barricaded it. I ran into the bathroom and locked that door and laid down in the bath tub and looked at my razor. I think I stared at it for an hour.

                Then I picked it up and said, “This is my only happiness.”  I brought the razor blade to my arm and made a long, nice, and smooth cut. I watched as the blood went down arm to my leg and into the sink of the tube. I felt happy at this. I think that is when I fell asleep.

~DREAM~

          “I love Alice Johnson!” I  heard my lovely husband Jared say. “I love you too Jared Johnson!” I said while running into his arms. He picked me up and twirled me around. I can’t believe we just graduated, we are a married couple, and we have lovely little boy. “Momma! Daddy!” I heard my little Nathan say. Jared put me down on the floor and we both ran to Nathan. Nathan started jumping up and down with excitement. I was quicker than Jared and picked Nathan up in my arms and I gave him kisses all over his little face. Then Jared tackled me and Nathan into a big hug. I smiled with happiness. This was all I ever wanted in life. . . happiness. We all laid down and looked at the clouds. “Look it’s a kitty cat!” I heard little Nathan say while pointing to the direction of the cat shaped cloud. “Well I see a unicorn!” I said with delight while pointing straight head in the sky where the unicorn shaped cloud. “Haha. It actually looks like a unicorn!” Jared said while intertwining our hands together. Oh how I love this. I feel like nothing can go wrong. It is absolutely perfect.

~END OF DREAM~

          I woke up terribly sad, sore, and happy. That was best things that honestly even happened to me even though it was still a dream. I think it gave me hope. I looked down at my stomach and patted it and said, “I love you little Nathan.” I smiled after that. I honestly couldn’t move so I decided that I would stay home from school today. I, very lifelessly, walked into my bathroom and looked at myself.  My face was purple and black but in some places they were yellow because they were healing from before. I saw the pretty cuts over my body. I looked at my stomach and it was swollen.  I touched it and I winced in pain. I could feel some tears trickle down my face. I heard the door bell ring. I walked over to my door and remembered that I had barricaded it. The things were just too heavy. I tried to push some of the things away but only a few things were moving. I shrugged and walked to my bed.

                I heard the door open as soon as I laid down on my bed. It was probably Josh. No wait Josh has a key. Then I heard knocking on my door. I didn’t say anything I just stared at my door. “Alice! Alice! Are you okay? Open the door please.” I heard Jared’s voice say through the door. “I can’t the door is barricaded.” I said back. The I heard the door knob twist, I thought I locked the door, and then a grunting noise and then I saw the stuff moving. Finally I saw Jared standing in front of me panting. I smiled at him. He smiled back and then frowned. “God damn it! He can’t do this to you anymore. I don’t want you here with that monster. He could kill you and the baby. I want you to come with me.” He said sternly. “No Jared. This is my home. You can’t make me leave. Can’t I stay one more night and if they get worse I will tell you.” I said with a serious expression on my face. Then my stomach turned. Oh no not again. I quickly ran into the bathroom and my face made contact with the toilet. I felt someone pull my hair back for me. After throwing up I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth.

I went back to my bed and looked at Jared. “Thank you Jared for helping me.”  I said. “Yeah. No problem.”  He said with a small smile. “Do you mind staying? You can lie down if you’d like.” I said scooting over. “Umm. . . Ok. But are you sure?” He said while climbing into bed with me. “Yeah I’m sure. You make me feel safe Jared.” I said while scooting next to him. I put my head on his chest and he played with my hair. He actually did make me feel safe and I was happy that I had him and Brian. Right before I was about to fall asleep I heard the front door slam shut and a crash.