Chapter 3: Scared

I felt someone shaking me. I woke up and see Brian. “Yes?” I said groggily. “This has kept me up all night. But did he use a condom?” That is when I came to reality. Oh my god what if he didn’t use a condom. I don’t want to see his face tomorrow. What will I do? I'm scared. “I don’t know Brian. I’m scared.” I said. He gave me a reassuring hug. “He probably did use one. I mean the player NOT using a condom. But I’m going to beat his ass tomorrow. You can’t make me not beat him up. You are like my sister and NO ONE hurts my little sister like that. Maybe we should tell Josh maybe he will react and act kind” He said. I scoffed. Yeah right like he would act kind. “Yea he would not act kind. He hates me and he would probably high five Chase for raping me!” I said with a tear coming down my face.

                “If he high fived Chase I would beat his ass and never be friends with him ever again.” He said. I smiled and gave him a hug. I love Brian. I wish he was my brother. I looked at my clock and it was 3:00 p.m. already. “Brian what will happen tomorrow if I see Chase?” I said nervously. “Don’t worry I or Jared will be with you tomorrow.” He said with a reassuring smile. My stomach growled. Brian chuckled. “Let’s go down stairs and get something to eat.” He said. I smiled and ran down stairs to the kitchen. We ate and chatted for a little while and before we know it, it was already 9:00. I gasped in shock. “Well I guess I will see you tomorrow Alice. And please be careful and don’t forget that what happened wasn’t your fault.” Brian said while giving me a hug. I smiled. “Thanks Brian for being there for me. I really appreciate it.” I said. “No problem kiddo. See you tomorrow.” He said while walking out the door.

                I went upstairs and laid down on my bed. I wonder where Josh was today. He was probably at some girls house. Oh well that means I don’t have to deal with him. I fell asleep after that.

Beep! Beep! I woke up to my annoying alarm clock. I sighed. The usual will a little different today. I’m guessing but in a bad way. I went to the bathroom to take a nice but quick warm shower. I quickly got dressed in my black skinny jeans, black moccasins, one of The Maine’s band shirts, and my black hoodie. I went downstairs made me some cereal and grabbed my ipod and backpack. I headed to school it’s a 15 minute walk. I like it, it gives me time to think. I finally made it to school. I saw Brian and I was really happy about that. “Hey kiddo, I won’t be here today after lunch starts so Jared is going to take care of you after I leave. Is that okay?” He said. “Yep sounds good.” I replied.

Brian walked me to my first four hours. I felt safe and happy. When lunch came by Brian told me to meet Jared by my locker. While I was walking to my locker I felt someone grab me into the janitor’s closet. I was scared. I heard a screech escape my lips. I looked up and saw the one person who I never wanted to see again in my life. I don’t want this. I want to die right know. Why?

I could the tears rolling down my face. I felt someone brush them away. “Why are you crying sweetheart?” I heard Chase say. That is when I think I started to shake. Just the way he talked scared me. “Didn’t you have fun this weekend because I definitely did.” He said while pulling me closer to him. I can’t move I try but I can’t. Then he started to kiss my neck and then the tears were getting worse. I want to go away from this. When Chase was about to bring his lips to mine the door busted open and Jared was right there. “Get away from her!” He demanded while walking over to me and pulling me behind him in a protective way. “Dude what the hell. She is my girlfriend!” When Chase said girlfriend my whole body shivered. “Oh really? You think raping someone makes them your girlfriend. You sicken me!” With that Jared grabbed me and we walked to my locker. We got to my locker 479 and I couldn’t move I just stared at it. “Alice are you okay?” I heard Jared say. I shook my head. He grabbed my things from my locker and started walking to the office. I just stood there staring at my locker. Then my body collapsed and that’s when everything went dark.

I woke up to a familiar ceiling. I looked around and saw that I was in my room. The door opened and I saw Jared walk in with a glass of water and I think a PB&J sandwich.  “Oh your awake. Are you feeling okay?” He said while putting down the water and sandwich on my table. “I’m fine. But I’m scared. Do you know were Brian is?” I said while looking down at the floor. “He’s still at family emergency thing going on. But I’m here I want to help.” He said with a small smile. I looked at the sandwich and my stomach turned and I ran to the bathroom. Why am I throwing up all the time?