Chapter 4 (1 of 2)

I didn't want to keep you guys waiting long. Yet really didn't have much written. But in the spirit of keeping you happy. Here is what I have so far :P

Chapter 4

Everyone seemed to scramble at the same time around the room. Ricky tried to pry the pup off his daughter as his eyes saw red. Red from anger, red as in the blood trickling down his daughters shoulder. "Caleb stop" Came the scream from Amanda as she tried to pull her son off. James was now in back of his son trying to make him release his locked jaw.

Yet Sofia stood her ground locking eyes with her daughter. 'It seems my little one, that your mate is very impatient. Fear not, for it seems like he has a passionate side.' Her eyes moved to her daughters shoulder and all the people going crazy around them. That included her poor Ricardo. 'Fear not little one stay as you are, still and calm, mommy will make things ok.

Walking over to all the panic, people parted for her as she approached. "He's killing my daughter" Ricky yelled at her. She caged his face in her hands and kissed him. That made his body relax instantly. She then turned and waved everyone away.

Placing a hand on Caleb's shoulder she used her soothing voice. "Caleb my son, no one will take her from you. If you do not seal your mark, you may cause her to lose too much blood. Please reign your wolf in."

Susana finally snapped out of her shock. 'Wait, what! Caleb? Caleb is like a baby.' She thought all panicked as she threw off whomever the jackass that was latched on to her shoulder blade was. She turned around with a feral growl. It was then that she saw not a baby but a guy standing before her. Granted there was blood dripping from his lips at the time. But he still looked very yummy.

"Yummy" growled Ricky as he grabbed his daughter by the arm and placed her behind him. "How dare you do that to my daughter?" He continued to yell in outrage. This demonic pup was going to die soon. Then Sofia placed her hand on his back, but he was not ready to be soothed again, He was ready for bloodshed and not his daughters.

"Ricardo please calm down. It seems our daughter has found her mate." All eyes turned to Caleb who was being forcefully restrained by James. "Well now young Caleb, it seems we have yet to be introduced to the strapping young man you have become."

A soft whisper came from behind Ricky's back, were Susana was hiding. "Mom how old do you think he is?" She asked in a weak voice.

"Oh my daughter. If he doesn't seal his mark you will continue to bleed out and grow weak." Sofia walked and reached out one hand to Caleb and the other for her daughter. "Now everyone just relax, it seems that young Caleb is having a hell of a time reigning his wolf in. The last time we saw you young man. You were but a baby ready to take his first steps. Now before me stands a man ready to take his mate." James loosened his hold on his son and he approached Sofia's outstretched hand as Samuel spoke.

"What surprises me is that they have all yet to shift but have been able to sense their mates." Samuel said as he rubbed his chin. "Not to mention the fact that little Susana teleported. That only leads me to believe that our children are older than we first thought."

Caleb looked at the young lady before him. Her eyes were captivating. He reluctantly looked down at where her shoulder still trickled blood. "I'm sorry, but my wolf took over. If I may" he said as he drew closer and proceeded to lick her wound close. The groan that escaped her throat was Ricky's undoing as he launched himself at the boy. Yet he was intercepted by none other than Logan.

"What happened my brother, didn't you just tell me to chill out about my little girl. Seems to me like you have to borrow a page from your own book." The smirk Logan shot him earned him a punch in the face.

Even with all the commotion around them Daisy and Susana were oblivious and lost in their mates. "Ok, Daisy I get it now." Susana mind linked her friend.

Meanwhile Logan was rubbing his tender chin. "I'll let you have one free shot my friend." He said looking at Ricky. "But getting back to business. Gather up all the kids, it's time to see if they can shift and if any of them have powers I don't." Everyone laughed as once again Serenity found herself needing to smack some sense into poor Logan.

....

As the groups gathered Logan and Ricky made sure to keep the two newly formed couple in their line of sight. There was to be no fully matting on their watch.