Chapter 4 (2 of 2)

Chapter 4 (2 of 2)

Caleb was pacing like a caged, well wolf. All his instincts were telling him to go and fully claim his mate. He needed her, his body wanted her near him. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt a hand on his shoulder. “Relax mutt, you and I seem to be in the same boat at the moment.” Caleb turned to look at the warlock at his side.

“You the one who claimed Daisy?” I asked eyeing the guy. She was his cousin, so he had to look out for her since she had no brothers.

“That I am, future cousin.” Gridlock said with a smirk “but I have yet to mark her as mine.” But he had a plan to get her all to himself. If Caleb played his cards right, he just might include him in his plans. They both just stood there for the moment, neither of them taking their eyes off their mates.

***

Back in The werewolf realm The Alpha was getting Divinity up to speed with the new development on earth.

Well my loyal servant, it seems the time has come for you to pay the pack a visit. I am still unsure if we should revel to them yet the results of what may happen. They seem to be having a hard time with the current changes. Yet I fear that knowing the outcome may seriously impact it as well.”

Divinity frowned as he thought about the people he considered friends. He had been keeping up with all their lives and could sympathies with them. Yet there was a higher plan forging ahead. It would be their free will that can either win over evil or make them fail. “I am at your disposal to do with as you wish great Alpha. It is not my job to question or reproach. I understand the need to teach and give trials that will make them stronger.” I bowed to him and felt myself shimmer away back to the woods on earth.

I smiled knowing full well all the feelings radiating around me. The poor werewolves are suffering and I can feel it all. Such a strange feeling. Not sure if my body welcomed it or rejected it. But the need to heal was great, for in being here I too was given free will. Dare I interfere? I shake my head no, the master knows why trials are set. I am here to do his bidding only.

Closing my eyes I call upon the chosen of the group. I will deal with the young ones in time. “I call upon you to please meet me in our spot. There is much to discuss.” I block their mind link after my message. The questions simultaneously thrown at me where making my head hurt.

One by one they shimmered before me. “I will ask you to please listen then you can ask your questions.” I mind link as I look around. “As you have been informed by charger, Satanic is in fact with The Dark One. It has yet to be determined if he will try to attack again or not. The wheels have once again been set in motion. As you have noticed your offspring have grown at a rapid rate. Our goal is to give you the help you needed in case of an upcoming fight.  We are aware of the commotion this has brought forth. There is nothing we can do to stop it now. We have but to wait and see what decisions are made for the moment. So Charger and Rebirth, there is no need to hit the underworld yet.”

I saw how they looked at each other and read the anger in Logan. The idea of having his daughters mate close was terrifying him. I can only try to understand his worry. He still thinks of his little girl as a child and not the grown woman she has become. But choices will need to be made and I pray they become the right ones. There really weren’t many questions once I was done talking. For alas, it all becomes a waiting game now.

*****

Back at the pack house with less supervision. The new couples were able to pull off some alone time. Caleb was sitting on a couch with Susana on his lap. He was nuzzling her neck, breathing in her smell. She calmed him, made everything feel right side up again. “You were an adorable baby Caleb.” Susana said in a soft voice.

He felt his chest puff with pride. She loved him, of that he had no doubt. He licked the spot where he bit her and his body responded to her soft whimper.

Across from him were Daisy and Gridlock. He had his eyes closed as he sat next to her, she had her eyes closed too. What a stupid guy. Being so close to his mate and not even touching her. What a total loser this warlock was. As for him he was going to get as much touching in as he could before her dad came back. Smirking he proceeded to lick his mark.

Well he should have been looking at Susana instead of Gridlock. For the petting he was doing had woken her wolf. He had no time to react, the next thing he knew his head was yanked to the side and her teeth ripped through his flesh. Damn, his mate was hot!! Were his last thoughts before the heat hit?

***

Oh what a naive boy Caleb was Gridlock thought, for with his powers he was able to transport them back to his lair. He went first and crashed on his bed. He pulled out a book of incantations so he was sure he did it right. “By the power of all that surrounds me. Bring my mate to my side. So I can love her as she deserves.”

The next thing I know she was at my door. She gasped and looked around, then at me. I was still on my bed with the book in my hand. She blushed as she took in my state of undress. I smiled and went to her. “Oh my little one, I have waited for you for what seems like centuries. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think you would be as beautiful as you are.” I touched her cheek with my fingers and she moved into the touch.

She blushed and I took her hands in mine. “We are alone here little one. Your father said we could not mate in his house. So here we are in my realm. For you are mine and I am yours. I need to touch you and be touched by you.” My words seemed to cast a spell on her. Yet I cast no spell.

“I want to touch you too.” She said ever so softly. My heart skipped a beat as she placed her soft delicate hands on my chest. She shyly and ever so lightly skimmed my skin. Her touch left burning flames along the path. I yearned to make her mine physically. I yearned to bite my mark on her. If I need to become a mutt to be with her then bring on the hair.

Her giggling and the pinch to my nipple brought me out of my haze in a flash. “Daisy?” I ask in surprise. She frowned up at me now.

“Please don’t call me a mutt” her eyes were full of hurt and I wrapped her in my embrace as I tried to sooth her hurt.

“Oh my little one, I meant no disrespect. I love you and would gladly become what you need me to be.” It was then that I lowered my head and took her lips in a kiss. She is mine, my perfect other half. Lost in the kiss my head chanted the words that would transform me from full warlock to part werewolf. I pulled back with a growl and sank my teeth into her flesh. The flavor in my mouth was the nectar of the gods, I was sure. It was pure ambrosia as it exploded on my tongue.

What I did not expect was the bite I felt on my skin. The surge of power that ran into my body merged us and connected us as one. The words spilled from our mouth as we licked our wounds closed. “I am yours and you are mine. Together as one, forever as one.” The glow that engulfed our bodies nearly blinded me.

“Wow,” we said when we broke apart. The need to take her rushed my body and from the look in her eyes she was feeling it to. Just as I reached for her we shimmered away. “What the fuck!” I yelled and came face to face with a white wolf. Oh crap, her daddy’s going to tear me apart.