Chapter 6

Chapter 6

In the history of the pack. There had never been any mixture among species. With the exception of the witches and warlocks. They can choose what form to take on. So the species did not mix. It just wasn’t done. Look at what happened with the mixture of the vampire and the human for goodness sake. It had produces Satanica.

Now here they were, faced with a human. One that had sustained the bite of a wolf. “A Human?” Brandon asked as he walked forward and knelt down before his mate. She looked so pail and fragile. He reached out and trailed the line of her jaw with his finger. She felt cold and he inched closer and tried to cover her. It was then that he saw the bandage covering his mark.

Before he roared in anger, his father placed a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged the touch away and raised to face his father. “Your bite-mark opened son. She was bleeding profusely. Your mother was finally able to stop the bleeding.”

Brandon looked at his father in confusion. “I don’t understand?” He truly didn’t understand. Why were they making such a big deal out of this? Their Alpha walked over to his mate and looked down at her.

“There has never been a human mated to a werewolf before. Any human bit by one has always been destroyed. We are not sure what will happen to her son. For now, we only know she has not died. Yet she is not well. She has yet to regain consciousness and we fear what might happen when and if she does.”

He went down on his knees again and gathered the girl in his arms. “We have to do something.” Brandon implored as he cradled her limp body to him. He realized she was now dressed in what looked like something of Serenity’s.

“Was she with other humans?” The Alpha asked. He inhaled the scent of her hair and shook his head no. “I’m sorry son. You will have to take us back to where you found her. We need to see if there is anything among her things that will lead us to her identity.”

Brandon growled. “She is my mate.” The alpha nodded in acknowledgment. “I will need to take her to my home and my bed, before we go. You will take care of her for me mother?” Destiny cried as she put her arms around her son and the girl.

“I will son, now go and find out all you can about your mate.” Destiny said as she tucked the blanket around the frail girl. It was only weeks ago that she had tucked in her little baby boy. Now here she was praying for his make to survive the bite. She cringed when she heard Brandon whimper from her thoughts. “Go son.” She watched on as they left. She wasn’t alone long for her friends all came to watch over the girl and her.