To The Sun Of My Stormy Skies

My days were stormy and cold,
With no warmth or light to behold.
I trudged listlessly, tired and worn,
My legs freezing, my heart torn.

A little ahead, I found a way,
On it the most beautiful flowers lay!
My eyes lit up in delight,
As the sunlight fell in my sight!

It filled me with warmth and love,
As it glowed on me from above!
Now, as I stand watching it shine,
I'm grateful it is mine and only mine!!

A/N: Hello people!! How are you all doing?
I wrote this particular poem for a special friend on her birthday. I found this while rereading our chats :) I'm really very lucky to have got her as my friend and this holds true for all my other close friends too. AND, this is a dedication to all you wonderful people who take time to read and appreciate my works. Thank you all for staying with me throughout and for being the sun in my stormy sky :) Your votes and comments mean a lot!

So, this little journey ends here. I've decided to complete this book and enter this for the #yourstoryindia contest. I can't believe that it has only been a year. I'm suddenly overwhelmed as I recall all those days I sat in this same place, typing away as if my life depended on it. This book is very special for me as it is the first book that I started on Wattpad and the first that I've completed (aside from the tags and other stuff). So, once again, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being patient throughout my irregular updates and for your votes and wonderful comments. It was your support which propelled me to keep going. I promise that I'll soon meet you again with another collection of poems. See you soon ! :)