The Chains of Humanity

We engulf you with heart wrenching words. We remind you never to fall in love with a poet. Yet sometimes it's people who don't make their words known that are the most dangerous. They will be rendered useless because they will never use them well. They will be nothing more than a forgotten abyss, and memories that fade along with their unspoken words. They become shrieking demons waiting to conquer our hearts with nothing but malice. Once they possess you, you're just as doomed as them. They may seem like beautiful creatures but they are everything we fear will be forgotten. They are everything that our mind has destroyed. They pry for more broken, naive, tarnished souls to grasp for their pleasure. They drink their misery and sorrow but are never satisfied. They replenish themselves with new hopes for something stronger but still hunger for more. It is then that they take you as their own. They crave your despair and your ravishing thoughts. You are nothing to them but a piece of flesh to temporarily satisfy. They tear away at you until you beg of death and then... They let you go. You are ripped of humanity, individuality and mentality. You become like others. You become the soulless machines that control the world. You cease to illuminate and you dim gradually. You grow to be bleak and accept it. You live for an eternity of nothing. You are a shout into oblivion, useless. You are the person trying to find an end to an infinity, endless. You cave under the pressure of others as you are stripped of everything you need. You become a blank page in an old forgotten book. You become one of us. The demons.
Welcome to the world

-Tessa and Felicity