My name is Teresa.

(I've decided to write a little bit about myself. This isn't something I'm used to doing so if its bad please excuse it.)

My name is Teresa. I am 5'8 and like every other teenager out there trying to find themselves in this blatant world. I live with my step mom, my aunt and her two children. Coming from a judgemental family, I am expected to be perfect. 'Did you make good grades?' and 'You know you have to do this to make us look good' are the only things that are asked not how are you or are you ok. I've never found myself to be beautiful or perfect, I am always constantly criticizing myself for not being better like I am taught.  I always judge myself to others to make me have a goal but in reality, I know I just end up bringing myself down. I am not the girl who everyone wants to talk to but I'm also not the girl who everyone despises. I am the girl who is tagged along in a conversation and forgotten right after the conversation has died out. I'm constantly thinking even when I beg to stop. I don't know how to accept compassion. I always put a brick wall between people and myself because I break too easily. I always pretend, lie and alter the truth in order to protect others and myself. My appearance always looks cold while I am completely loving. I am still naive from the world but I know a lot. I've learned how to cope with being told I am the main cause of someone's problems. I have learned that I will never be enough to my family. I've learned that  people, even the ones you live with, will not know when you are hurting. I still love those who have hurt me because I still stupidly believe that they never meant it. I forgive and but never forget. I have learned a lot during these short 15 years and they are what define me. I am Teresa and like every other teenager, I still have a lot to figure out.