Chapter 5 : The Past Life

Percy's POV
"I am Percy Jackson."
Nico looked up at me in surprise. I took off my mask revealing my sea-green eyes with a red ring around them and my black messy hair. He gasped in recognition.
"It's you. But it can't be. I saw your soul go to elysium. You probably chose rebirth, knowing how ignorant you are."
He continued muttering things about how ignorant I was and how I was a hero and all that. I gave a slight chuckle at that. Me a hero? Nah. Then I had an extreme headache. I grabbed my head in pain. I saw glimpses of what looked like me in an assassin outfit, red color at the tips of his hair. He-I wore a mask covering my nose and below. I had a blue eye. Then the pain stopped. I opened my eyes to see Nico looking at me asking if I was ok. I just nodded.
I said to him, "Let me ask you one question."
He nodded, looking grim.
"Was Percy Jackson previously Omega when he saved you."
He gulped and stammered, "Y-Yes, how did you know?"
"I KNEW IT!"
He gave me a confused look.
I explained, "When I was 'in pain', I seemed to have appear to remember some guy named Omega that looked exactly like me but with red color at the tips of his hair. Well, technically not remember but I got some glimpses."
Nico asked, "Do you remember Camp Half Blood, Annabeth, Jason?"
I said, "Annabeth, that rings a bell. I know that name, but I just can't put my finger on it."
I struggled with my memory. I chose Elysium, that's probably why I remember some things I'm not supposed to. The river Lethe probably isn't affecting me as much. Is it because I was a son of Poseidon. Questions clouded my mind. I kept thinking that I couldn't bear Nico call my name. He shook my shoulders and then proceeded to slap my face it.
I managed, somehow managed to catch it, "I'll talk to Lady Artemis about this little conversation."
He managed to choke out, "Lady Artemis?"
"Yea, why? She took me in after the Minotaur incident."
"She's a man-hater. And what about the Minotaur incident."
"Well, that's when it killed my mom, Sally Jackson. I presume you know her?"
"Why yes. I-"
I kindly cut him off and told him to follow me, eager to take my mind of things. As I got to the head tent that Artemis stays in.
I opened the tent flap and said, " Lady Artemis, I need to speak to you about Omega, Commander of the Chaos Army."
She looked up from cleaning her bow and said, "Yes, may I ask why?"
"How did he die?"
"He died trying to save Nico Di Angelo."
I looked her straight in the eye, "You knew Perseus Jackson."
She looked startled at that but gave me a good poker face.
She said, "I don't know what you're talking about, you're Perseus Jackson aren't you?"
"Please don't lie Artemis, I know when you lie. Tell. Me. The. Truth." I said in that calm, steely tone I used when I got really mad.
She put her hands up and sighed. "Perseus Jackson was a son of Poseidon, much like you were, he got shunned and betrayed by the whole of Camp Half-Blood. Until now, we still can't find him. He is presumed dead."
"Thank you m'lady."
I bowed and walked out of the tent. I was surprised that she didn't even ask me why I asked that. Anyways I walked out of the tent to face Nico.
"So what now?"
He said, "You should go to Camp Half-Blood, see what you can find there, I will go back to the underworld to double check if Percy is still there. Maybe he cheated death like Leo."
"I'm guessing Leo Valdez."
He blinked at me as if I had 2 heads or something.
"What? I know the guy, sort off. Since were camped so close to Camp Half-Blood, I constantly hear screams like, "I'm gonna kill Leo Valdez."
He just shrugged and said, "See you later." And just melted off into the shadows. Well, nice exit for a demigod, I will give you credit, a bit better than Zeus I guess. Wait, what am I thinking. After all the monster fights and Minotaur attacks, my ADHD still prevailed. Goddamit, how hard is it to get rid of you. So I guess the best thing to do now is to go to camp and find information. I sighed and looked up at starry night, wishing my father would give me advice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So how was that? Hope it was good. Sry for the late update. My wifi was down for like a week! I barely survived. In this chappie there is a reference to something. IF YOU CANT SEE IT THEN :( Hope you can find out. I will see you guys in the next chapter. Cya ;)
~Nic