Infiltration

"As a special ops group, I'll let you chose whichever artillery you want within this room. Note that they are all suppressed... Thus, to remind you to remain absolutely anonymous," Jen informed my group, motioning to the variation of arms around the room. "Also, your gear is typical combat gear, but you will all have masks to remain anonymous, as mentioned. You'll also have an earpiece to stay in contact with everyone," she added, handing out earpieces. With a nod and a salute, she left the room to ourselves.

We divided and scoured for our weapons of choice. I was rather thrilled at all the firearms surrounding me. I've always been quite the pyromaniac. Though overwhelmed by the variety, I was instantly taken by a certain combination: my primary weapon was a the semi-automatic M-16(a very standard US Military rifle, as fore-mentioned) with secondary weapons of two 50. Caliber Desert Eagles, which I plan to upholster on my thighs. I also kept a knife for silent kills. I'm rather impressed by my choice.

I glanced around to see the choices of my teammates. Broker also had a M-16, though on his back was another automated rifle called a SCAR-H. I guess he liked heavy guns. Crom looked rather venomous with only two CZ75s(a type of handgun) and a set of throwing knives. Johnson was armed with a Barrette 50 Caliber sniper rifle which included a secondary of a Desert Eagle. Anthony had an FN FAL, a single-shot fire rate rifle, a CZ75, and a round of grenades. Blake was armed with a M-16 and a CZ75. Pat had the exact same artillery as me.

Knowing their weapons, I had a slight idea of how to use my teammates in the battlefield. Once finished with prettying ourselves up, I led my team out. We rode a Humvee to the woods, close to the entry point, yet far enough so we wouldn't be detected. Out here, only my orders were absolute, and no one could question me or else they'd have to hear the music from the Highers. I really liked the idea.

That aside, we slowly moved toward the entry point, silently taking down sentries on the outer perimeter. I sent Johnson higher up in the mountain, and he took down enemies with deadly accuracy. I was really impressed. We gassed the watches on the opening of the cave(which is our entry point) and shackled them to trees that were far away enough so they were hidden. We'd take them as prisoners. Inside the cave, there was a rope ladder that lead much further underground. I slipped down first, shot the lone enemy there, and motioned an all-clear. They came down beside me, and Broker dragged the body to the shadows.

It reeked down there. I was glad Jen had made us wear masks which lessened the putrid stench.

"We're in," I told HQ via earpiece.

"Good," Derrick commended. "You're on your own from there. We've yet to acquire a map of that place, so I don't know where Maeda is, or where any of the tunnels lead you. Best of luck, Max."

I narrowed my eyes. They never mentioned this. "Got it," I replied, pissed. I instantly checked on Johnson, who was still outside. "Johnson, take out any enemies outside the base. I want a clean escape, if possible."

"Yes, ma'am!" he exclaimed.

I signed off and motioned my team to follow me. I came to an abrupt stop at the main hallway; there were a number of tunnels leading to who knows where. I let in a breath.

"Alright, divide and infiltrate. We're going in groups of two. Anthony, with me. Pat, Blake, you two take the east. Broker, Crom, the west. I want you to check in on any smuggling discoveries, or anything interesting... If you find Maeda, tell us where you are and standby until further orders. Understood?" I commanded.

There were replies of different expressioned "Yes, ma'am"s. I ignored it and gestured for them to go. They followed orders, and I led Anthony through the centermost tunnel.

We found usual stuff--drugs and US Military guns. There wasn't much to see, actually. At least, until we reached a dim-lit room, obviously poorly dug out. It was lighted by only a sole candle at the corner of the room, on a barrel. Beside it, was a rather petite hand that got me wondering. I reached for my flashlight as Anthony did the same, and we swiveled it around the room.

What we saw nearly had me reeling over in disgust.