Newbie

On the first three or four days, Jen gave me suppressed arms while Pat taught me how to use them. Both were amazed at my natural ability, which made me feel so much better about myself.

The other features the agency gave me, the condo and the car, were fantastic. First of all, it's been about twelve years since I've lived under a roof. Don't get me started on the car thing. Pat taught me how to drive, and ever since then, I didn't care about any other means of transportation anymore. Driving was freedom.

Those few days were luxurious. On the fifth day, everything came down to Hell. It was time to put my skills to the real thing. My initial target was a man named Manuel Rodriguez. The agency didn't tell me why I had to kill him, but I guess that was the point of why they chose me: I wasn't asking questions.

My equipment was light, compact. I had an earpiece to keep contact with Derrick, Pat, and the agency. Jen gave me two silenced 9mms with six rounds of ammo hung from my belt. My uniform was a skin-tight black overall with an attached bullet-proof vest and my dark brown hair was strung up by a ponytail. I also had night-vision goggles working as a headband. Pat wore the same.

The location was a rundown building whose surrounding was a dirty community. I figured Manuel was a gang leader that was causing havoc to the surrounding people.

Pat and I snuck behind the building to the entrance there. We each had a pistol at bay. I cautiously stepped toward the backdoor and listened for any movement. Thankfully, there was none, and I was glad everything was going smoothly--so far.

I picked the lock open and we tiptoed inside. We came into a dimly lit hallway that went from right to left. I motioned for Pat to take the right, and I, left. He nodded and went into business.

The end of the hallway on my side led to a right turn into another hallway, one with a series of grey doors. I stayed in the shadows, though there wasn't much comfort in them. If anyone happened to walk by, I'd be seen. I checked every room, and sure enough, they were stuffed with drugs and guns. After I left the last room, I heard footsteps. I instantly backed into an indent in the wall and waited. Two armed men walked by, talking.

"We better get the amount Manny promised us. If he pulls the bull he gave us last time, I'll be the first to strangle the sonofa," one said.

"I hear you. We're risking our lives with this business and Vik ain't caring if we do end up dying. That's why he's got Manny and us--to do the dirty work," the other replied.

"I know. It's a miracle we've pulled this off so long. Most biz like this don't last as long. We better count ourselves lucky.".

"I wouldn't say we're lucky. We could be dead any minute now, and considering all the Hell we've created, I'm sure we won't live long enough to see our children go to College, if we have any.".

I reacted once I had full view of their backs. I instantaneously shot them both on the head in a quick succession and pulled their bodies into one of the rooms. I adjusted my earpiece. "Derrick? Did you get all that?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I got it recorded. Just finish up on Rodriguez and get out of there. We'll investigate further in the morning," Derrick replied.

I crept out of the room. I dashed up a set of stairs before coming to an abrupt stop. I was at the frame of an open door of a sleeping quarters, all of the men there asleep, except for one who caught my eye before reaching for a gun at the head of his bed.