Chapter 10: The Coffee Shop

Gerard P.O.V. 

 Irmarie drove us to the nearest Starbucks. We ran inside, earning glares from some costumers. 

 "What can I get for you?" The girl asked. 

 "Can I get black coffee. Two scoops of sugar." Irmarie said. 

 "Are you guys ordering it together?" The girl asked looking at me. 

 "Uh," Irmarie said looking at me with a the-fuck-am-I-suppose-to-say look.

 "I'll pay for it," I said to her.

 "Okay and you?" The girl asked. 

 "Uh, mocha," I said.

 Before Irmarie can protest to pay for her own coffee. I quickly gave the girl the money. 

 "Fine, you win," Irmarie said as the girl gave me the change. 

 She then asked for our names and wrote them down on the cup. 

 "So..." the girl said. "Is she your girlfriend? Because if she is, she's totally wrong for you." 

 "Who?" I said looking around the room. Irmarie wasn't by my side anymore. She was walking towards a table. 

 "The emo," she said. 

 "She has a name." I stated. 

 "Fine," she rolled her eyes, "what's her name?" 

 "Irmarie." I replied. 

 "Is Irmarie your girlfriend?" She asked. 

 I felt very uncomfortable for the first time since this girl is obviously trying to flirt with me. I didn't want to get the conversation any further than it is. 

 Should I just say that Irmarie is my girlfriend? Yeah... it won't hurt anyone. Plus, this girl doesn't go to the same school as us. 

 "Yeah. Irmarie is my girlfriend." I said. 

 "Fine." The girl said then left. 

 They called for our names and I went to grab both of our coffees. 

 "The girl was so trying to flirt with you," Irmarie smiled. 

 "I know. That's why I wanted to get away." I said and set the coffees down. 

 "Why? I thought guys like you like girls?" Irmarie said. 

 "I do. It's just I don't want to date anybody at the moment. That's all." I said. 

 "Okay. That's respectable. But what did you say to the girl? She looked pissed." Irmarie asked. 

 "Uh."

 Shit. Should I just say I said Irmarie was my 'girlfriend' at the moment? Fuck it... 

 "Uh. I hope it's okay with you, but, I said that you were my girlfriend." I sheepishly said. 

 Irmarie just looked at me with Mikey's poker face. "Okay." She said in the end. 

 "So it's okay?" I asked. 

 "Yeah. You felt very uncomfortable. I'm okay with it." Irmarie said. 

 I smiled. "Thanks. I owe you big time!" I said. 

 Irmarie smiled. Her smiled faded as she looked behind me. (My back was to the counter.) 

 "You better make it believable." Irmarie whispered.